Friday, January 1, 2010

The "Before" Stats


I have now weighed and measured myself. Let’s say I’m still in shock!

Before I post the figures, here’s a little history about my weight. From sometime in high school to my late-twenties my weight had been around the 72kg mark. At 170cm I was a bit overweight. During that period my exercise levels ranged from avid bushwalker, Body Pump class regular to couch potato, but the weight didn’t vary much. Most of my friends at that point are fairly slim so it dragged down by confidence a touch, but thankfully it was never a major issue for me.

The first material change in my weight was in February 2006. My wedding was 8 months away and like any bride-to-be, I wanted to look good on the day. So I was determined to lose some weight. I didn’t have a grand plan, from recollection I was to continue exercising, cut down on snacks and control portion sizes.

Then the strangest thing happen, my weight started to fall before I really tried. It went down to 65kg and I was stoked. I was a size 10 for the first time since I became an adult.

I managed to keep most of the weight off too, only fluctuating within a narrow band.

All that changed when I became pregnant in mid-2008. Weight gain is normal during pregnancy of course but I gained over 25kg which was definitely not normal!

The weight slowly dropped off in the course of the last year (breastfeeding helped, also I went to a personal trainer once a week), I was down to 72kg by late October.

Things went south on our November Fiji trip. With heavy food and zero exercise my weight loss stopped. And last month … the less said about it the better :LOL:

So here it goes: My current weight is 75kg (average over 4 weigh-ins). According to the scales 31.3% of my weight is fat. Yikes!

And my measurements are equally depressing (in cm).

Bust – 95
Just below bust - 81
Waist – 87 (aghhh!)
Hips - 103
Left bicep - 29
Left thigh - 60

Well, knowing this certainly stopped me from indulging on sweets today. I can’t let it get any worse, that’s for sure!

My plan is the same as last time. Cut down on fatty food and snacks, eat reasonable portions, and resume exercising. I’m thinking about seeing a nutritionist to get some advice on the food part of the equation, and with the exercise I have to find a way to fit it into my schedule.

I’ll maintain a food and exercise diary on this blog to keep myself accountable.

My goal is to get back down to 65kg by the end of June. 10 kg in 6 months is definitely doable.

Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. It's remarkable for me to have a site, which is good designed for my know-how. thanks admin
    My weblog - www.alyssamelodyacupuncture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style is really unique in comparison to other folks
    I have read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity,
    Guess I'll just bookmark this page.
    Feel free to surf my site SanStreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made some good points there. I checked on the web to find out more about the issue and
    found most people will go along with your views on this site.
    Feel free to surf my blog post hpv treatment for men

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fastidious answer back in return of this matter with genuine arguments and explaining all concerning that.
    Feel free to surf my webpage ... www.assiplaza.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly
    appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups thanks once again.
    My web page - Office Furniture Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as
    I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My blog site is
    in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors
    would definitely benefit from some of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Appreciate it!


    Also visit my weblog ... bellafloralboutique.Com

    ReplyDelete
  7. When some one searches for his required thing, so he/she wishes to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.


    Also visit my page: Chiropractor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

    Stop by my web blog; kitchen appliances wholesale closeouts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you
    using for this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... trends in kitchen appliances 2013

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails