Sunday, February 7, 2010

More cooking

Rush in a quick post before bed.

I made 2 more dishes today, both from recipes off the February 2010 issues of Super Food Ideas, which I bought only because it came with a free lunchbox and snacks.

First, I made the dish on the cover - Zucchini and noodle slice.  It was pretty easy to make, requires effort (lots of grating) but little skills, which suits me just fine.  The ingredient list included 1/4 cup of oyster sauce but I didn't use any because I wanted The Little Guy to have some.

This is what it looked like straight out of the oven:

Photobucket

Plated:

Photobucket

My roasting tin is a bit larger than the one recommended in the recipe so it is a bit flat compared to the photo in the magazine, but other it tasted very nice.  TLG scoffed the whole thing down.  Interestingly Mr Curious and I found the flavour just right, the taste was dominated by the natural sweetness of the vegetables (besides zucchini there were carrot, corn, green onoin and red capsicum) so it was a good move to hold off the oyster sauce.  Next time I will oil less oil in the mixture as it was fairly oily.

For dinner I made Fish with tomato and basil sauce.  It was another easy recipe.

Photobucket

The ingredients really complemented each other.  It was lovely to eat the flathead, basil and grape tomatoes in the same mouthful; the sweetness of the basil took the edge off the sourness of the grape tomatoes.  The fillets would have been better if the Scanpan fry pan is still non-stick, because the skin got stuck on the pan.  It would have added a bit of crisp to the texture.

Overall I was very happy with my cooking efforts today, and I'll be making both dishes again.

12 comments:

  1. Nothing like a free gift with purchase to get something over the line... And both those dishes look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciating the time and effort you put into your blog and
    in depth information you provide. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same
    outdated rehashed material. Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.


    Here is my website residential property management industry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if
    blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    Have a look at my weblog ... furnace troubleshooting

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google
    account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this
    site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

    Also visit my website: usb host vs slave

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to building web sites and I was wanting to know if having your blog title
    related to your articles and other content really that
    important? I notice your title, "Blogger: Confessions of a Curious Mind " does appear
    to be spot on with what your website is about but yet,
    I prefer to keep my title less content descriptive and based
    more around site branding. Would you think this is a good idea or bad idea?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    My homepage mens capezio ballroom dance shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog visitors have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

    my web site ... silicon wafer fabrication photoresist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there your website url: http://www.blogger.
    com/comment.g?blogID=5059451854807124934&postID=1854117638360915198 appears to
    be redirecting to a completely different
    web site when I click the home-page link. You might want to have this looked at.


    Also visit my blog post; home repair estimator tool

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate info… Many thanks for sharing this
    one. A must read post!

    Also visit my homepage: refrigerators at wholesale prices

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails