Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend cooking

I lost my cooking mojo last week - just couldn't be motivated.  And the stockpile of food for The Little Guy has run out.  So it was time for me to snap out of it.

To find inspiration I borrowed a cookbook from TLG's childcare centre called Cooking for Baby.  I also consulted Fast Food.

Yesterday I made sweet corn and salmon chowder for TLG.

Photobucket

Besides corn and salmon, it has potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, milk and stock.

I was a bit disappointed with it actually.  I was expecting it to be more creamy, and the frozen corn kernels were not sweet enough.  The recipe has potential though, so I will try it again.

Tonight I made chicken casserole with mustard and tarragon:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was unsure about the recipe but it was yummo!  I had it with some multigrain wrap (as a naan substitute).  There is an extra serve for lunch tomorrow, which is great because I am getting bored with the food choices at the food court near work.

5 comments:

  1. Keep posting TLG recipes!!
    The chicken casserole sounds good to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you are going
    to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!



    Here is my page :: http://shoeclimax.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let
    you know a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but
    I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

    my web page :: stretch mark removal and home remedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, what a blog it is! This blog presents useful facts to us, keep it up.



    my blog post - http://cms.uv.es:81/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does your website have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send you
    an email. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

    My blog Exercises to increase vertical Leap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails