Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pump up the jam part 2

It's the first time I exercised intensely 2 days in a row.  Yesterday I tried out the program that my personal trainer set for me.  Here's the rundown.

Cross trainer - 3 minutes interval training: 4 x 30 sec normal pace 15 sec fast

Pull up machine, 2 x 10 reps

BB thrusters, 15 kg, 2 x 20 reps (they're a killer!)

Rower - 3 minutes interval training: 4 x 30 sec normal pace 15 sec fast

Chest press, 37.5 kg, 2 x 10 reps

1 leg bridges, 2 x 10 reps each leg

Treadmill, 3 minutes, as fast as possible

Mountain climbers, 2 x 10 reps

Heel taps, 2 x 15 reps each leg

I am supposed to do 3 sets of each exercise but my trainer Charlie (who is lovely) told me to do 2 sets to start with.  She must have taken pity on me after seeing how unfit I was!

I had the PT session last Tuesday so I have forgotten how half of the exercise were supposed to be.  Instead of the mountain climbers (which were hard, man!) I did something completely different.  And I totally sucked at the rowing machine.  I was so uncoordinated!

Charlie showed me the proper moves today so I will give it another go on Friday.

Today was another PT session and we did boxing.  Lots of punches and uppercuts.  I really enjoyed it, and I was glad I didn't have to do any more leg exercises.  I received a set of boxing gloves and focus mitts for Christmas last year (at my request) but I haven't used them yet.  They will get a workout this weekend with Mr Curious.

Although my body is extremely sore now (and will be worse tomorrow) I am getting use to the routine of exercising now.  Fitness (and a small tummy) can't be too far away, can they*?

* Not if I have a bowl of ice-cream a night ;-P

2 comments:

  1. Stick with and you feel love the feeling of being sore the next day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kimberley, I will chant "pain is good" until I am one with the pain ;-P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails