Monday, March 22, 2010

Short break: Alice's adventures in wonderland

The weekend was way too short.  I have so much to blog about but no time - Mr Curious is sick and The Little Guy was acting up last night.

So instead of a proper post (which will come soon), there's something delightful for a Monday morning.

I haven't seen the latest Alice in Wonderland movie yet but I loved the story as a kid.  Apparently the original story was called Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and was written by Lewis Carroll after a summer of storytelling to his friends' three daughters.  Carroll wrote the book after one of the girls (named Alice of course) begged him to write the story down for her.

The book is handwritten and filled with Carroll's own illustrations.


The book is now in possession of the British Library.  You can see scans of the entire book here.

I hope things are less hectic tonight so I can write about my own adventures :-D

P.S. The Sigma brushes have arrived!  Will test them out today after gym.

5 comments:

  1. This is the first cinema movie I've seen in a very long time. Hubbie and I really liked it. It's not the exact original story but it's well done and super crazy! I love the story as well. I have an unabridged version that I am re-reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails