Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where did the time go? part 2

Now, where was I?

---

The reality is that I have been a feeling a bit flat since our HK trip.  I felt that I was just going through the motions every day, and nothing meaningful came out of it.

I took some time to reflect on this, and I came to the conclusion that time is an increasingly finite resource and I was not using it wisely.  I don't have the same amount of down time as I used to, but I was still spending hours lounging around, surfing the net reading random websites, often till late at night.  As a result:

1. I don't get enough sleep and is tired during the day
2. I don't spend time on things that are more rewarding
3. I feel like I am falling behind on everything

There were nights where Mr Curious and I both sat on the sofa in front of a laptop (me with the netbook) and we weren't even talking to each other.  I realised that I was taking our relationship for granted.  We had a chat and we agreed to make an effort to spend quality time with each other.

It was a similar situation at work.  Instead on focussing on the task at hand, I was jumping from one thing to another.  At the end of the day nothing was complete and the to do list was getting longer and longer.  I decided that "enough is enough" last Friday - I did not allow myself to be distracted and spent the whole day finishing a piece of work.  I felt so much better afterwards, and I think the quality of the work benefited as well.

It all comes down to discipline.  It may not be a "feel-good" word but it is effective.  I need to stop spending my time frivolously.  There are so many things I can do that are fun and fulflling, like writing this blog :-)

Thanks for reading my rant, it is cathartic.  I guess this is technically my first "confession" on this blog!

Fun posts are not too far away :-)

4 comments:

  1. I often feel the same Ms Curious, I have been thinking about it recently, trying to decide what it was that I was feeling - and I think you have clarified part of it for me.
    Thanks!
    TC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails