Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Asian cooking

I think I'm slowly getting my cooking grooves back.

I made the Thai beef salad again for my girlfriends' lunch visit.

The recipe is very easy to follow (the hardest part was picking the leaves off the coriander!) and the payoff is great.

Photobucket

I also cooked some sausages to make hot dogs.

And for dinner I made fried rice.  I loosely followed a Kylie Kwong recipe and a nasi goreng recipe I received when I bought the Asian dressing from Bitton.

1. Heat oil in wok in high heat, fry 3 beaten eggs for 1 minute - result is thin sheet of egg, shred eggs
2. Wipe wok with paper towel, heat more oil, then stir fry 1.5 cloves finely chopped garlic and 2 tsp ginger for 1 minute
3. Add 1/2 chopped onions and cook for 2 minutes
4. Add 2 chopped bacon strips and cook for 1 minute
5. Add 1.5 cups cooked rice and cook for 2 - 3 minutes
6. Add shredded egg and chopped shallots and stir to mix
7. Add 3 tbsp Bitton Asian dressing and cook for 2 minutes


Et voilà!

Photobucket

It was yummy, the dressing was a bit on the sweet side - a bit of chilli would have balanced it out nicely.

Mr Curious and TLG both went for second serves :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails