Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunday cooking

We had a belated Mother's Day celebration with my MIL (as TLG was sick last weekend).  We had a picnic and I made some grilled chicken drumsticks with Mediterranean spice mix that I bought from the Northside Produce Market on Saturday.  TLG enjoyed it!

Photobucket

I also made a thai beef salad but I didn't take a photo.

After we went home I was kitchen-bound for a few hours - on the menu were vegetable stock and roast pork with apple.

In the stock pot were carrot, celery, leek, onion, swede, herbs (I don't like parsley so there were basil and corinader instead), peppercorn and bay leaves.

Photobucket

Half way through the cooking process.

Photobucket

The finished product.

 Photobucket

I was expecting a strong flavour but it was pretty mild.

And there are some progress shots of the roast.

Photobucket

 The recipe had potatoes and apples, I added brussel sprouts and carrots to the roast.

Photobucket

Shiny pork after almost 3 hours of roasting.

Photobucket

Mr Curious making the gravy from stratch.  The recipe asked for flour to thicken up the gravy but that didn't work very well so we used corn flour instead.

Photobucket

Plating is not my strong point ;-P

Photobucket

It would be nice to say that the pork tasted amazing ... but it was only OK. The vegetables were too soggy by the end, and the gravy (made with the vegetable stock) was quite bland.  So I was a bit disappointed, but I will treat this as a learning experience.

6 comments:

  1. احب اشارك معاكم موقع متخصص في اعمال الحديد والاستانلس
    ايه رايكم فيه؟
    http://decor-ksa.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails