I found the recipe from the huggies website when I was looking for some healthy snacks for TLG. To my delight it is also very tasty - especially after I doubled the amount of fruit! Here's the recipe with some minor modifications from me.
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 pears
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of milk (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180C (160C fan forced)
- Peel and finely chop the pears.
- On a plate, mash the bananaes with a fork.
- Place the oil and egg in a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Add the cinnamon and pears to the flour.
- Add the oil mixture and bananas alternatively to the flour and gently blend.
- Add the milk if required.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tray or muffin patty cups.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until cooked.
TLG and I shared one muffin, and it was so good I had another half. *oops*
Maybe I will use wholemeal flour next time to make it even more healthy.
P.S. I made Sass and Spice's apricot chicken and chickpea tagine on Sunday and it was delicious. I didn't have a tagine so I used a slow cooker instead. I was going to give a serve to TLG but the cayenne peppers packed a punch!