Wednesday, June 9, 2010

(Almost) guilt free treat

Having been good with exercise (three times in the last week) I decided to bake some goodies for myself and TLG today - pear and banana muffin.

I found the recipe from the huggies website when I was looking for some healthy snacks for TLG.  To my delight it is also very tasty - especially after I doubled the amount of fruit!  Here's the recipe with some minor modifications from me.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of self-raising flour
  • 1 egg
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 2 pears
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon of milk (optional)
 Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven at 180C (160C fan forced)
  2. Peel and finely chop the pears.
  3. On a plate, mash the bananaes with a fork.
  4. Place the oil and egg in a bowl and whisk until blended.
  5. Add the cinnamon and pears to the flour.
  6. Add the oil mixture and bananas alternatively to the flour and gently blend.
  7. Add the milk if required.
  8. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tray or muffin patty cups.
  9. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until cooked.
Here's the finished product:

Photobucket

TLG and I shared one muffin, and it was so good I had another half.  *oops*

Maybe I will use wholemeal flour next time to make it even more healthy.

P.S. I made Sass and Spice's apricot chicken and chickpea tagine on Sunday and it was delicious.  I didn't have a tagine so I used a slow cooker instead.  I was going to give a serve to TLG but the cayenne peppers packed a punch!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! Sounds scumptious! I made banana cake a few weeks ago and this will be a good alternative. Thanks for the mention btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails