Monday, July 19, 2010

Another Sunday casserole

After being lazy last Sunday, it was time to make another casserole. I opted for this Spanish Chicken Cassrole recipe

Instead of buying a whole chicken I used 2 kgs of chicken drumsticks.

Photobucket

Cooking the onion, capsicum and chorizo.  The chorizo smelled so good!

Photobucket

All the ingredients in the casserole dish ready for the oven.

Photobucket

One hour later it was ready!

Photobucket

I served the casserole with brown rice instead of saffron rice.

The favours of the dish were nice, although I will probably season the drumsticks before cooking next time as they were a bit bland, or maybe I'd leave it in the oven for a bit longer.

And here's a photo of the tulips Mr Curious gave me last Monday - they opened up beautifully!

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. My Mum used to make a pseudo Spanish casserole like this in the 70s!!! I loved it then, maybe i should make yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it a go FF! If I make this dish again I will add some more spices.

    I thought of you when I took the picture with the tulips, so it's very interesting to see your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, I love the smell of chorizo frying too mmm... Looks easy and yummy. Going to attempt it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    The tulips are really beautiful too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails