Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My New Etsy Earrings

Regular CCM readers may remember that I was trying to choose between a few pairs of earrings on Etsy a few weeks ago.  After a stressful afternoon last Thursday I needed some retail therapy and so off to Etsy I went.

I chose the last pair of earrings from my shortlist because I like them but also because the seller is an Aussie and it's always good to support a fellow countrywoman.  Also it means that I'll get them sooner.

This is the pair I was interested in intiailly.


I also managed to find another 2 pairs from the seller's collection.

I received the package yesterday.  The earrings came in these beautiful pouches.

 Photobucket

Below is my modelling shot.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I really like the Art Deco style.

Photobucket

The turquoise beads give this pair of earrings a burst of colour.

Photobucket


The tanzanite Swarovski crystals and pearls work really well together.  I wore them yesterday after I opened the parcel and received complements straight away!

Photobucket


From the photo on Etsy I was expecting the earrings to be a bit smaller.  It was my fault for not reading the descriptions closely.  The size is absolutely fine, it's just interesting how my brain automatically assigned a size to the earrings.  I bought a pair of earrings from another Etsy seller a while ago, they were so much bigger than what I pictured, I couldn't wear them and I gave them to a friend of mine instead.

The seller is so lovely to deal with, I didn't expect her to answer my questions at 8pm but she was prompt and very helpful.  I love buying from Etsy sellers, I think because the goods are hand made they are very passionate and often go out of their ways to please their customers.  Have a look at Wellstrung's Etsy store and website and you may find something too!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous earrings! I particularly like the final pearl ones - they are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya!

    Beautiful purchases from etsy! I could spend hours trawling through that site looking for beauties... would send my poor bank account broke though.

    I just discovered your site through the vogue forums, looking forward to more posts in future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kitty and welcome Monica! I'm so happy with all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails