Friday, August 6, 2010

Breakfast at the office

I have been in the hunt for a hot drink substitute since the start of my "coffee-fast".

Someone recommended chai latte so I bought one when I was at work earlier this week.

Photobucket

On the positive side, it was frothy just like a cappuccino, and I enjoyed the spices.  However it was way too sweet for my liking, even though I didn't ask for any sugar.  It must be the blend that the cafe used.  So the hunt continues.

That morning I listened to my personal trainer's advice and "ate like a king" for breakfast.

Photobucket

I made it in the office and a few colleagues were surprised that I was able to cook the eggs.  I thought the microwave egg cooker is fairly commonplace but maybe I'm wrong.

Photobucket

It is super easy - cracked the eggs, used a fork to pierce the yolks, put a small spoonful of water, then zapped in the microwave for about a minute.  The other side is supposed to be for cooking bacon but I've never used it.

I'm quite sure I bought it from Kmart years ago.  Give it a try if you're looking for an easy hot breakfast in the office.


8 comments:

  1. try to find a soy dandilion latte.
    they're yummy! not sweet, and very good for your liver and bladder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proper chais shouldn't be too sweet. Most cafe's now use chai syrup rather than brewing the chai properly from tea leaves which means they use a lot of sugar. It's not hard to do yourself though... You can get chai tea bags or loose chai from T2.

    I love poached eggs on toast for breakfast and a filling brekkie is always a good start to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms Curious, as someone who knows about "chai" i couldnt pass this one up.......you dont need to get the syrup or anything. just do what my mum does.....dilmah tea bags (normal tea), crushed cardomons, add some milk and voila...chai. hope this helps love anurag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone.

    I had a craving for coffee after lunch but I resisted, instead I made a chai drink using Twinings Chai with Green Tea teabag with hot water and a 1/4 cup of milk, and it's not too bad!

    Anurag - would you use a full cup of milk or just a dash in your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite brand of chai is the Arkadia vanilla one. It's a bit sweet though, so it might not be what you're after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendation Patty. Where do you buy yours? Are they available at health food stores?

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear ms curious, here is the recipe

    this is for one cup of tea.

    - boilone cup of water with crushed cardomons and cinamon sticks. wait till water is boiling hot- add ur tea (dilmah or whatever)if is loose leaf tea then one teaspoon, or else one tea bag then add a dash of milk and sugar (if you prefer) and there you have it- authentic chai. hope this helps Anurag

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can get Arkadia chai from Woolworths! HTH.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails