Sunday, August 8, 2010

Earning his stripes

After getting custom made suits and shirts in Hong Kong earlier this year, Mr Curious is looking for new ties.  He didn't find anything at the shops, and in a moment of inspiration I headed for Etsy.

rabbitshop was one of the top search results for "silk ties", and at US$17.95 each they are fantastic value.  We went through the 400+ ties on offer and settled on seven.

Mr Curious' style is what I'd call elegant (codeword for conservative) so no weird colours or tiny animal prints for him.  In fact all the ties we chose are of the stripy variety!  Thankfully with variations in colour, stripe thickness and subtle patterns the combinations are endless.  Here are two of the ties coming our way.



I'll ask Mr Curious to model when the ties arrive, so watch this space.


1 comment:

  1. My hubby's style is 'elegant' as well - with the same codeword qualification as yours! He often struggles to find the right tie, and I must confess to never having thought to look on Etsy for them. I'd love to hear how you find these when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails