Monday, August 9, 2010

Roasted stuffed mushrooms

I don't cook vegetarian meals very often because Mr Curious and I are both meat lovers, but this recipe in last Sunday's Body and Mind looked promising, so I gave it a go last night.

Photobucket

Sautéing the mushroom stocks, onion and garlic.

Photobucket

The recipe asked for English spinach but I only wrote spinach in the shopping list so I bought the spinach with white stems (what are those spinach called?). I used it anyway hoping that it'll work.  I soaked the leaves in the hot water for 1 minute instead of 30 seconds to account for the thicker leaves.

Photobucket

To the chopping board.

Photobucket

The filling, with low fat ricotta cheese, lemon rind and sunflower kernels.

Photobucket

Ready for the oven.

Photobucket

Served with rocket leaves, tomatoes and cameralised fog and balsamic vinegar dressing.

Photobucket

I made 8 with the plan for us to have 2 each and save 4 for the next day but it was so yummy I had 3 and Mr Curious had 4!  The last one we saved for TLG.

This recipe ranks very high in the effort : result ratio and I'll definitely make it again.


2 comments:

  1. Yum, these look great! I think I will give them a go as well. I adore mushrooms but it has taken hubby a long time to see the light. I think he will appreciate the stuffing, making the mushy a bit less mushroom-y!

    The spinach with the white stalks is called Silverbeet (or Swiss Chard) - I like it more than English Spinach, I love the strong iron flavour. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy beat me to it! I love silverbeet too - it's very nutritious! Mr Kitty is one of those husbands who thinks a meal isn't a meal unless it has meat in it so if I make this I might have to grill him some sausages to go with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails