Saturday, August 7, 2010

Short Break: New Dress A Day

I found a very interesting and inspirational website via jogirl.com (which is a great website for women about finances).

Here's Marisa explaining her year-long project:
This year, I will be foregoing trips to Bloomies and Nordstrom for brand new gear. Goodbye to H&M purchases and accessory grabbing at Forever 21. And seeing the “must have” French Connection dress in People’s Style Watch will just have to suffice as a cut out on my inspiration board.

Instead, the only shopping that I’ll be able to do is that of pieces that have been used and worn already. So long to mall trips and hello to sifting through piles of vintage pieces at flea markets and at neighborhood garage sales. Each day for the entire year, I’m going to introduce a new piece into my existing wardrobe that I’ve found from these places. On top of this, I’m giving myself a budget of $1 a day.

One person’s trash is becoming my treasure this year.
Each day she blogs about the transformation of a pre-loved outfit into something appropriate for 2010.

Here's an example.  BEFORE:


And AFTER:


Pretty impressive huh?

I may not love every outfit she created but I applaud her ingenuity and creativity, and it's fun to see the improvement in her designs as the year progresses.

You can check out Marisa's website here.


5 comments:

  1. I wish I could sew. I think her creations are ingenious! Not always to my taste but she's very creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails