Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Close but no cigar

The strong Aussie dollar persuaded me to order the Marc by Marc Jacobs sunnies.  Again shopbop.com was great with delivery - I ordered on Friday and received the parcel yesterday.

The sunnies look good.



The pink arms match the bag too!


However there is a problem.

They don't fit my face.


I don't know if you can tell, but the nose pads are not resting on my nose at all - the sunnies are held up by my cheeks! The frame is too curved for my high cheekbones.

This is a photo of me wearing my last pair of sunnies as comparison.  A much better fit.


It is such a shame, because I do like them!  Well, it is always risky ordering something without trying.  Regretfully I'll have to return them.

At least I get to try out a pair of Spanx stockings, which I ordered to push the total purchase over US$100 for free delivery.  May try them out on Friday.

Update: The sunnies have found a new home! My MIL came over today and I asked her to try them on. As you can see she looks great in them :-D



1 comment:

  1. bummer about those sunnies. The love and curses of online shopping hey?

    Hopefully your MIL loves you more now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails