Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mother daughter bonding

My mum is flying overseas next week to stay with my sister's family. She won't be coming back to Australia until mid next year, so TLG and I caught up with her today to say farewell.

After lunch we pushed TLG around in the stroller until he fell asleep, then headed down to Chatswood Chase. What better way to bond with my mum than to shop together?

First we popped into Witchery as I wanted to use up my "ticket". I looked for a top for work, and mum tried on a few things as well. I bought this top (on sale for $39.95).


This is the pattern up close.


Meanwhile my mum bought this top (on sale for $19.95).


With the ticket (the usual $20) and a further 5% member discount, the total was $36.90.  Bargain.

Then we went up to Leona Edmiston.  My mum likes dresses but with a fuller figure she hasn't had much success in finding one.  This is the first dress she tried on (Kitty, $475).  Not my cup of tea, and whilst she liked it, the dress was a bit too low cut for her.


I asked her to try on the Nicola because I liked mine. And so did she! So my mum and I now own the same dress! A bit weird to be honest.

And I picked up something for myself (Waneta Wrap, $159). Work clothes sorted for tomorrow!


Finally, I bought this gorgeous dress for my 7 year old niece (Paris Party, $54.95).


LE has a 25% off all stock sale at the moment - it's worth checking out.

After my mum left, I took TLG to grocery shopping and bought these beautiful flowers.


Ummm, I feel like I've done my share to support the Australian economy.  How are you going with your summer shopping?


3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, love your new purchases! Thanks for the heads up on the Leona sale. I quite fancy myself in a Leona!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you picked up something nice Maxabella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leona Ruby dresses are now going for $100!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails