Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shoulder bag search continues

I didn't get to place an order on the Marc by Marc Jacobs bag and now it's sold out in pink! I don't like the other colours so it's time to look for another one.

I wasn't inspired by the bags on offer on shopbop nor theOutnet, so I went to etsy for something outside of the usual brands.

This bag from Opelle, a seller in Toronto, Canada looks promising.


I like the clean lines and the tassle is fun, and it is slightly smaller than the MBMJ bag which is a plus for me.  It also has a detachable cross shoulder strap for versatility.  The price is reasonable too ($US178 + $US18 delivery).

The two things stopping me from placing an order right now are:
  • The type of leather.  It looks a bit rigid in the photo above and I like soft leather.  It may be dependent on the colour though as the same bag in another colour looks softer.

The seller can make to order and there is a choice of 14 colours.


The plum is the only bright colour I'm considering, but I think this bag may suit a more neutral tone, maybe the taupe or the buff?  And the camel is meant to the the black ...

I think I will convo with the seller, maybe request for a swatch. In the meantime, what do you think?

P.S. The ASOS order arrived yesterday and Mr Curious received his etsy ties 2 weeks ago ... will blog about them soon.

P.P.S. When I was deciding the colour for the etsy bag, I went back to shopbop and they have the Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that I wanted in stock (one only, I'm guessing return stock), after some deliberations I decided to make the purchase and it is on schedule to arrange next Monday. Yay!


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Stumbled across your blog from the VF.
    Love this bag - now considering getting one myself. Be sure to update and let us know how it turns out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi flying carpet - yes I'm looking forward to the bag too. Will definitely blog about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails