Thursday, November 25, 2010

ALL CAPS shopping

I didn't exactly plan it, but today revolved around shopping at stores with names in ALL CAPS.

The first stop was ALDI. As usual they have an eclectic mix of 1-week only specials.  On my "to buy" list was the ultrasonic cleaner ($24.95).


I put my rings in for a clean tonight and there were fluff coming out of the claws!  And the diamonds are shiny now.

I also bought 6 crystal wine glasses for $9.99, you can't go wrong with prices like that!

After lunch, we drove to DFO at Homebush and met up with my MIL.  She wanted a new purse for Christmas.  I thought she might find something from Oroton, but she chose this one from Strandbags.  The compartments are exactly how she wanted, and the leather is nice and soft.  It is a good bargain too!



I also managed to pick up a little something for myself.  A bubble hem skirt from Jigsaw for the princely sum of $35 (the RRP is $229 - I feel sorry for anyone who paid that).


Here's the print up close.


It's perfect for summer, no?

The trip to IKEA was an impromptu one.  I thought TLG would enjoy the kids' play area, but upon arrival I discovered that it has a minimum age requirement of 3.  So I did the next best thing and bought a few things from IKEA's kids' collection.


KUNISER boxes ($14.99) - to store all his small cars and trucks.


VESSLA storage crate ($9.99, plus lid $3)


TLG saw it at the store and said something like "put all the toys in there". He's such a smart little boy :-)

And this is the crate in action.


I think it looks good!  I may buy a few more next time and stack them up.

TLG woke up in the middle of the night and asked for "my blanket".  He only had a small blanket he received as a present at birth, so it was time to get him a proper one.  I bought the LEN STJÄRNA cot quilt ($39.99) as well as 2 sets of quilt and pillow covers.


VITAMINER TRUMMA ($16.99)


And BARNSLIG NATTEN ($19.99)


And this is what it looks like IRL with TLG modelling.


Moving on to food.  Have a look at our dinner tonight.

Lamb rissoles with diced tomatoes with onion and capsicum.


With a side of mixed salad leaves with cherry tomatoes, chèvre cheese, and balsamic and cameralised fig dressing.


Last but not least, check out the sunflowers!


P.S. All of today's photos were taken with our new camera (in "idiot-proof" auto mode).  Mr Curious and I are pretty impressed with it so far.

9 comments:

  1. Good work with the skirt! Is perfecto for summer and great bargain too. Sweet.
    Also loving your little mans new blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you've just convinced me to buy the ultrasonic! Was umming and ahh-ing over it today for my jewellery and pen nibs. Hope they're still there when I pop in!

    Loving your IKEA haul, too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a huge shopping expedition! Congrats on all those purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about the ultrasonic cleaner - saw it on your blog and went out and bought one today, love it! All my rings are sparkly again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    Also visit my blog post :: diet plan to lose weight
    Also see my webpage > best diet

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're in point of fact a excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you've performed a great task
    in this subject!

    my page: stretch mark removal and home remedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this blog.
    I'm hoping to see the same high-grade content from you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very own blog now ;)

    Also visit my blog ... Laser stretch mark Removal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Useful information. Fortunate me I found your website by accident, and I'm surprised why this twist of fate didn't came about earlier!

    I bookmarked it.

    My webpage :: breville juicer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this was an incredibly nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to create
    a good article… but what can I say… I put things off a lot and don't seem to get anything done.

    Here is my site :: http://markets.financialcontent.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails