Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chill out Wednesday

My brother B paid us a visit today.

TLG fell asleep in the car after playgroup, however the transfer from the car to his cot failed, so we headed to Balmain for lunch instead.

We didn't have a place in mind.  After a bit of window shopping we went to a cafe called Fundamental.  They have mix-and-match salads for $11 each (5 to choose from) and we ordered one each (TLG ate off my plate).  When the dishes came we were amazed by the serving size.  What a bargain!

I ordered half brown rice salad with dried blackcurrants and cashews, and half pesto pasta salad with sun-dried tomatoes.


The brown rice salad was yummy - really fresh and perfect for a warm day like today. I ordered the pasta salad mainly for TLG but I enjoyed it too.

B ordered half tuna nicoise salad and half roasted pumpkin and green bean salad.  He enjoyed it too.


After lunch we were strolling along Darling Street and I came across The Little Marionette.  A Balmain local recommended it before so B and I bought a coffee each.  I was not disappointed.  It was one of the smoothest coffees I've ever had.  I only had a weak one because I already had a coffee in the morning, next time I'll try a full strength one.

One of the reasons we went to Balmain was to pick up a few more macarons from Adriano Zumbo.  There are so many blog posts about Maracon Day last Satuday (see here and here for starters) so I'll keep it short.  I bought 7 flavours - chocolate salt and vinegar, burnt toast, mandarin, redskins, sichuan pepper, choc mayonnaise and pear vanilla macadamia).  I've only had the burnt toast and redskins so far and they tasted exactly like their namesakes.  Amazing.

TLG was over-tired by then so we hopped back on the car and he fell asleep fairly soon.  After dropping by a friend's place briefly we drove to Birkenhead Point.  Thankfully I was able to transfer TLG into the stroller without any trouble, so B and I could take our time with the shopping.

I may have lost my Oroton retractable umbrella (it's not official yet, the current status is "misplaced"), so I went to the Oroton outlet for another umbrella.  This time I bought a full length umbrella in pale blue and white.  Good value at $25.


Here's a closer look.


I also picked up the Jackie Hobo in silver for Miss Kitty-Cat.  I hope she likes it.

After that it was time for the Alannah Hill outlet, and I added Mind Your Manners Pet! to my AH cardi collection.


It's like a winter version of the Save Me! Cardi.  It is down from an RRP of $229 to $99, and it's wool and cashmere, so it's a good bargain in my book.

I also picked up the Party Secrets headband and The Heart-Felt Suicide clip as gifts.  They're lovely but I'm a bit old for those now ;-)


With a lighter wallet it was time for home.

It's always fun to see B and TLG loves his uncle B, so it was a great day for all.

4 comments:

  1. YAAAAAY!!

    Thanks so much for the purchase. I can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails