Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas shopping for my sister

My sister lives overseas and it's usually easier to buy her presents online so they can be delivered to her directly. Last year I bought her a gift voucher for a day spa. This year I'm thinking about a handbag. I asked her what she wants but she is too busy at work to respond (she often works overnight, it's madness!) so I think it's up to me to choose.

Here are a few bags from Nordstrom that look promising.

kate spade new york 'gold coast - maryanne' quilted leather shopper ($US445)


It's sophisticated and suitable for both work and a day out.

kate spade new york 'tompkins square - billie' satchel ($US375)


It's elegant, and a good size so she can fit lots of documents in (as she is a lawyer she is surrounded by paper).

Furla 'Tate M Tracolla Lucchetto' Flap Bag (on sale, $394)


Furla is a great mid-priced designer brand and I was sad when they left Australia a few years ago. I love the look of the soft leather. I'm a bit tempted to get one in this colour for myself.


And last but not least, MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Totally Turnlock - Helena' Satchel (on sale, $US304.90)


Regular readers of this blog will know that I'm a fan of MBMJ bags, and I've seen cclarebear's Turnlock Shifty Tote in person and it's really lovely.

So it's decision time.  Which one should I get for my sister (and should I get one for myself?)

UPDATE: By the time I made up my mind to get the MBMJ bag and confirmed delivery details with my BIL, the bag was sold out.  So I bought the Shifty Tote instead.


I made the purchase and it went through smoothly, then Nordstrom sent me an e-mail saying that the bag is in backorder, and there is no expected date of delivery.  All they said was "We are working to complete your order as soon as possible". I'm not impressed - they better find a bag for me pronto!

17 comments:

  1. My brother recommended I might like this web site.
    He was entirely right. This submit truly made my day. You cann't consider simply how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    Here is my web-site :: flashlights You shake

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome in favor of me to have a website, which is valuable for my experience. thanks admin

    Take a look at my website - kadirmihran.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your method of describing everything in this
    post is actually good, every one can without difficulty be aware of it, Thanks a
    lot.

    my page snoring mask

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally I don't read post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite great article.

    Also visit my webpage commercial juicers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is needed to get setup? I'm
    assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate it

    Also visit my blog post: markets.financialcontent.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, I went to the beach front with my kids.

    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed
    the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off
    topic but I had to tell someone!

    Feel free to visit my homepage; Http://Ppfog.Com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there all, here every person is sharing these knowledge, so it's fastidious to read this weblog, and I used to pay a visit this weblog daily.

    My blog: snoring mask

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my blog
    thus i got here to go back the choose?.I'm trying to find issues to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    Here is my blog :: recipes for juicers

    ReplyDelete
  9. each time i used to read smaller content which as
    well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this paragraph
    which I am reading at this place.

    My page ... aagi.ceavi.udesc.br

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great article.

    Here is my web blog ... faraday flashlights

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if it's just me or if everybody else experiencing issues with your website.
    It appears as though some of the text within your content are running off the screen.
    Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too?

    This could be a problem with my browser because I've had this happen before. Thank you

    my web page ... jack lalanne power juicer pro

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post! We are linking to this great content on our site.
    Keep up the good writing.

    Feel free to surf to my web site: http://volleyballmeme.com/members/jamalpemb/activity/3851/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry for ask too late, do you still sale on MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Totally Turnlock - Helena' Satchel (on sale, $US304.90) ?
    Please contact me yoki.luk@gmail.com if you still have it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails