Thursday, November 11, 2010

A dip in the pool

TLG started his swimming class today.  At his age there was no actual swimming, just lots of moving around in the pool.  He did much better than I thought, given he was quite distressed when we took him to the pool a month or so ago.  I was really surprised to see that he could support himself by hanging on to the side of the pool with his arms!

I hope he enjoys the water as we will be spending lots of time on the beach or in the pool in Fiji.

Speaking of Fiji, I am thinking about getting a new swimsuit.  I have a few bikinis that are holiday appropriate but my one piece swimsuits are all too "serious" and I want to have something fun.

Since ASOS has a 20% discount on now I'm having a browse there.

Pineapple Pussy Galore Swimsuit (on sale, £22)


Mr Curious will be happy with the cleavage, and I think it's a pretty flattering cut. But is it a bit boring?

Spot Skirted Cut Out Back Swimsuit (£26)


I think this one is a lot of fun, but am I too old for this?

Ruffle Swim Dress (£35)


This looks great on the model, but I'm NOT a model and I have big hips, and this may make them look even bigger.

Seafolly Spot Frill Suit (on sale, £44)


I like the frills and the polka dots, and Seafolly is a familiar brand.

And from the bargain bin:

Pleat Detail Swimsuit with Secret Support (on sale, £8)


It looks super bright in the photo, but in the video it is a softer green.  It is probably the most flattering cut out of the five.

And finally, what do you think about this kaftan (on sale, £12)?  It looks nice on the model but will it look bulky in real life?

11 comments:

  1. I love the first one! I got the equivalent of the first one in a bikini and was pretty happy with it for the price. It wasn't amazing quality, but no complaints.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. With those prices I don't think you can lose!

    If you are looking for something fun, I say go for the spotty seafolly. It's fun but not too young!

    I like the kaftan - it's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Miss Kitty, the spotty seafolly!

    Also - for our Fiji trip we got Aidan a pool ring..one that has the seat in it...how would TLG go with one of these?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! As you can see in the next post I went for the Pussy Galore, the Seafolly is not available in my size :-(

    Kimberley - we received a pool ring as a gift last year and made good use of it when we were in Fiji last time, so it's definitely coming with us this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste
    your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?



    Also visit my web site: mederma stretch mark therapy reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy excellent website! Does running a blog similar to this take a lot of work?
    I've absolutely no knowledge of programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off topic however I simply wanted to ask. Cheers!

    Also visit my web blog Http://Web-Constructs.Com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for beginner blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.



    Also visit my web-site - where to buy solar cells in nigeria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails