Saturday, November 20, 2010

A morning at the Markets

It was a beautiful morning - the perfect day to spend outdoors.

Mr Curious, TLG, my FIL and I headed to the Northside Produce Markets at Civic Park in North Sydney to stock up on some fresh food.


My FIL babysat TLG at the playground whilst Mr Curious and I checked out the stores.  It was much more relaxing than trying to push the stroller through the crowd!  It was almost like a date for us.

We started off with a bacon and egg damper roll each and it was glorious!  No photo as they were consumed very quickly ;-)

Here are some goodies from our haul.

Over the Moon Non-homogenised whole Jersey milk ($6 for 2L)


If I am to recommend one thing from the markets, this will be it. It is easily the best tasting milk I've ever had. Yes it's full cream, but it's perfect fine as a treat once in a while.

Drover's Choice saltbrush lamb easy calve leg ($30)


All I can say is "yum"!  We also bought some lamb rissoles for a mid-week dinner.

Ox-heart tomatoes - so fresh and juicy


Some mushroom for a simple pasta dish.


Various Gumnut biscuits ($21 for 3 bags)


I've only tried the freckles so far and they're delicious!

And last but not least, I bought some beautiful sunflowers.


I chose buds that have not opened up yet.  The florist told us to soak the stems in hot water for about 20 seconds beforehand and they will open up easily.

All in all it was a great morning.  What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. oh gee I love the markets.
    Looks like a delicious haul, especially the full cream milk. yum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails