Saturday, November 6, 2010

Short Break: Miss Manners

It's Saturday night, TLG and Mr Curious are asleep, and I have the whole place to myself.  What do I do?


Curling up on the sofa and reading Miss Manners, that's what!

I like her takes on communications in modern society (e.g. etiquette on instant messaging), handling difficult situations (e.g. how to handle rude visitors) and dealing with problems that I wish I have (e.g. what to do if you win the lottery).

I do not agree with everything she said (she is against gift registries; I don't have any problems with them) but I always find her view interesting, and often she is right on the ball.  I particularly enjoy her witty retorts to rude people (including some letter writers!).

Intrigued?  She write for The Washington Post and MSN, and has a website.

3 comments:

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails