Monday, November 8, 2010

St Malo morning tea

Mr Curious was under the weather yesterday so I took TLG out in the morning.  We went back to St Malo bakery for morning tea because the muffin I had last time was really good.

This time I ordered the Morning Glory muffin.


It was not much to look at, but it was packed with yummy goodness.



Not sure if it's clear in the photo but there were pieces of green apple, apricot, pineapple and walnut.  It was delicious!

TLG was eyeing my skim cap so I ordered a babycino for him.  It came in the cutest little cup.  I offered to pay but it was on the house.



TLG enjoyed his "coffee", he stuck his left pinky out when he held the cup, it was very cute.

St Malo also has a full breakfast menu.  We will give it a try one weekend.

TLG refused to sleep during the day.  At around 4pm Mr Curious suggested that we go to a local park.  He took TLG for a ride on the bike while I drove.  When I saw them coming towards me at the park Mr Curious had one arm on his back supporting TLG.  I was slightly concerned until they approached and TLG was leaning forward asleep with his little helmet on.  It was beyond adorable.  I didn't take any photos but I think it was etched in my permanent memory.

Tonight I went to my friend KK's birthday dinner at the restaurant in Sofitel Wentworth.  I had duck foie gras salad for entree and lamb backstrap for main.  Yum.  We ordered a bottle of Cape Mentelle Trinders Cabernet Merlot 2008 and I really enjoyed it.  It can be cellared until 2023 so I'll tempted to order a case or two.



Hope you had a good weekend too.

St Malo Bakery
83 Willoughby Road
Crows Nest
(02) 9906 6256

3 comments:

  1. Yuuum. I went to St Malo on your recommendation last week and I was not disappointed. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm yet to visit this lovely place. Breakfast is my favourite meal so there really is no excuse.
    Your tweet the other day of that delish looking muffin made me crave it all day!

    And, I nominated you for a Stylish Blogger award :)
    http://appl3pie.com/tag-youre-it-stylish-blogger-who-me/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should check it out for sure :-)

    And thanks for the award. I shall do a post on it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails