Sunday, December 19, 2010

Last minute Christmas shopping part 2

We braved the shops this morning for more Christmas shopping.  Surprisingly there weren't too many people.  Either consumers are not spending this year, or they're taking advantage of the strong Australian dollar and buying from overseas e-retailers.

First stop was for Mr Curious (gift from me) and his brother (gift from us and my MIL).  We bought 2 copies of Gran Turismo 5.


... and 2 PS3's so they can play the game.  They are very spolit!

Next is my FIL.  He wants some polos with pockets.  They are not that popular anymore so it took a little while to find some.  Thank you Rodd and Dunn.

Sherwood Rise Polo (on sale, $55.30)


Birchwood Polo (on sale, $55.30)


We also bought a polo for my dad, this time from Country Road.  He's not one for gifts so I kept it simple.

Vintage Stripe Polo (on sale, $34.95)


We bought a $200 gift card for my MIL so she can buy buy what she likes at the Boxing Day sales.

Before we went home we stopped by Victoria's Basement at Artarmon to buy some cookie moulds.

Benzer Basics 6-piece cookie mould set ($6)


I paid a quick visit to the homeware shop across the alley from VB (I will get the name next time) and picked up these.

Koziol Palsby colander ($15)


I like the bright orange, but mainly I was keen to replace the 70's colander we used now.

Mini Beanie Picozoo bottle holder ($6)


I have been buying lots of soft drinks in the warmer weather and I want to stop that. This will encourage me to carry a water bottle around.

For dinner tonight I made Mango Curry and Lemon Myrtle Chicken using a sauce from Outback Spirit.


I skipped the celery and we didn't have any garlic (must put on shopping list), and Mr Curious bought baby potatoes from a can which was convenient.  It turned out really nice - give it a try if you see it at your greengrocer.

Tonight's is our Christmas tree decoration night.  Hopefully I will be able to post the finished products here tomorrow.

How are your Christmas preparations going?

17 comments:

  1. That chicken dish looks really tasty...

    Christmas is ho-hum here this year. Daddy BuBbles and I decided to just give each other a small present because we've just booked a holiday in February but I still don't know what to get him and the shops are crazy town here at this time of year - eek! The pressure is on!

    I did manage to hang a piece of tinsel this morning though :)

    Merry Christmas!

    BuBbles
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holiday in February sounds great BuBbles! Don't stress too much about the present, if you can't find something in time, you can give him a cheeky IOU note.

    Wishing you and your family and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm
    trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve
    this problem. If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Many thanks!

    My page; www.alice3d.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi colleagues, how is everything, and what you want to say concerning this article, in my view its actually remarkable designed for me.


    My blog post ... http://gocode.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very precise information… Many thanks for sharing this one.

    A must read post!

    Feel free to surf to my weblog ... holiday gift ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. If some one needs to be updated with most recent technologies after
    that he must be pay a visit this site and be up to date all the time.


    My web site - goodwill online store

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It absolutely useful and it
    has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to give a contribution & help different customers like its helped me. Great job.

    Feel free to visit my website :: http://www.flickr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article! We are linking to this great article on our website.
    Keep up the good writing.

    Here is my web-site http://markets.financialcontent.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appreciating the hard work you put into your blog and detailed information you present.
    It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated
    rehashed information. Fantastic read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.



    Also visit my web site: tv products

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do
    it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. appreciate it

    Also visit my web page :: as seen on tv

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious to find out what blog system you have been working with? I'm experiencing some small security
    problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more risk-free.
    Do you have any suggestions?

    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... http://www.hnefatafl.info/index.php?title=The_Magic_Of_A_Environmentally_Friendly_Star_Juicer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

    my web-site: investor.Biospace.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's an awesome paragraph in support of all the online people; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

    my web page electric juicer easy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful article. Many thanks for supplying these details.



    Stop by my website: “eat your fruits and vegetables”. now

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asking questions are in fact fastidious thing if you are not understanding something
    fully, however this piece of writing provides fastidious understanding yet.



    my homepage :: http://www.prlog.org/12105352-want-to-have-fresh-juice-on-the-Table-One-can-make-use-of-charlotte-vineyards-juicers.Html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

    Also visit my homepage ... “eat your fruits and vegetables”. now

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm
    not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

    Also visit my web-site http://mochaarabica.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails