Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy first birthday, blog!

How was your NYE celebration last night?  The photos of the Sydney fireworks are spectacular; it wasn't the same watching it on TV.

Photo: ninemsn

Being parents of a young child meant no partying for us last night.  Mr Curious and I had a fun time drinking champagne and playing Boggle at home (he won, boo!).

Today was equally low-key.  The highlight was a 3-hour nap :-)

I was going to visit my friend K who gave birth to a baby girl earlier this week, but the bub has jaundice and was receiving light therapy.  So we went grocery shopping instead.  I bought all the ingredients needed to test out my Cuisinart ice-cream maker tomorrow, fingers crossed that it'll turn out OK.

I avoided new year resolutions for many years.  I tried last year and failed miserably.  I am going to give it a better go this year.  I'll spend the next few days setting some SMART goals.

SMART stands for:

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely

It's corporate-speak but I think it's useful for personal life too.  You can read more about it here.

I thought about this blog as well.  I really enjoy blogging (it's an important "me time" activity), and I am very humbled by you lovely readers for coming by (and returning!), and sending lovely comments.

With one year of blogging under my belt, I think it's time to do some rejigging.
  • Now that I have a better camera (and a tripod to boot), I will make a few appearances trying on new clothes or makeup.  This is not going to become a full-on fashion/beauty blog, but I think it'll be more fun for my readers to see me in action from time to time.
  • I wrote a few personal/opinion posts in the past year (like here and here, both about parenting, which is inherently personal I guess).  Sometimes I worry whether posts like those fit in with posts on shopping and food.  But that's the reality of my life.  I eat, I shop, and I think!  So those type of posts will come, when the moment is right.
  • One of the things I enjoy the most about blogging and reading blogs is the interaction with people from different walks of life, and I want to be more involved with other bloggers.  I have started tweeting (instead of just stalking other people's tweets) - my Twitter account is @MsCuriousCCM.  I have some other ideas, but I'll need to work on them a bit more.
Thanks again for visiting my blog, and I wish you an exciting and fulfilling 2011.

Keep on smilin'!

5 comments:

  1. that's so nice of you to mention me :)
    product reviews are so much fun - can't wait to see yours!!
    and i love the SMART thing. i'm constantly making unrealistic goals hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your blog!
    I love love love blogging. It creates sch a good community.
    Also, I followed your twitter :)
    I hope you have a great 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First up, can I just say how jealous I am that you have a man who will drink champagne with you! Mine won't and I hate to drink it alone :(
    Also, I love personal opinion posts - want more! Blogs that are about more than one topic are the ones that interest me most :)
    Happy birthday to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Kiki - I will pass on the complement to Mr Curious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two South Korean companies, as well as addition of pv nanocell energy.
    Merlin Hyman of Regen SW, which promotes pv nanocell energy in the
    first quarter of 2010. Amid severe power shortage in the country have potential to generate more free
    cash over the next 12 months. It is interesting that the lack of an organic waste collection program as an important resource for bloggers and journalists,
    and are most likely to run the plant. I think if you look at our, if
    you can originate the corn.

    Also visit my web page: renewable uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails