Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pretty things from ... Madison February 2011

I have been taking advantage of TLG's day time naps to check out magazines at our local library.  I like taking photos of the pretty things I see and I thought "why don't I put them on the blog?".  So here they are.

First off the block is February 2011's Madison.


I didn't have time to read any articles, so it was purely a magazine-perv session.

The astrology pages were accompanied by some stunning jewellery (Valentine's Day is coming up, no?)


I adore Art Deco jewellery.  This one from Tiffany & Co will be divine with a low V-neck black evening gown.

 
And how exquisite are these earrings (also from Tiffany & Co)?

The jewellery matched with my zodiac (Pisces) is a bracelet from Kailis.


It's lovely too but it does not speak to me like the other two pieces.

Onto fashion.  The red Lanvin dress is drool-worthy.


Maxi dresses are so versatile nowadays.

I like the look of this blouse - pretty colour and very feminine, plus a great price tag!  Add a black or charcoal pencil skirt and it'll be perfect for a day in the office.  I wonder what the quality is like though.


This swimsuit is actually from the lifestyle section of the magazine.  I think it's gorgeous.


It's not something I will wear myself (not a fan of strapless tops, plus hello tummy!); I'm happy to admire from a distance.

Even though I don't have any, I am attracted to structured bags.


The Bally one even has a non-scary price tag ($1,250).


Last but not least, here's a fresh makeup look for summer.


I am very much a novice when it comes to makeup, so it's good to get some ideas. I'm not sure if I can carry the red eyeshadow, but I like the contrast of the red with the green.  Sorry I didn't note the makeup used, I will do so next time.

It is so much fun sharing these beautiful items with you!  I hope you find some inspirations too.

Madison
February 2011
$8.20

Would you like to see more "Pretty things from ..." posts?

19 comments:

  1. I would definitely like to see more "Pretty things from..." so I can keep up to date (sort of) with all the Aussie mags that I'm missing :)

    BuBbles
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful jewels! A girl after my own heart... But somehow methinks the Tiffanys pieces are well over $5000... Divine though! And I actually really like the Bally handbag too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I bought the mag and the articles are worth reading...

    ReplyDelete
  4. BuBbles, happy to be of help. I'll keep an eye out for Aussie designers in my future posts.

    Kitty, yeah the price tags on the Tiffany's are somewhat misleading :-/ I looked for the Bally bag when I was in Melbourne but it wasn't at the Bally store.

    And thanks for the heads up on the articles, I'll check them out if I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this website; this webpage includes awesome and in fact good information in support of readers.

    Here is my weblog: Diet Plans For women

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi every one, here every one is sharing these kinds of knowledge,
    so it's nice to read this blog, and I used to pay a quick visit this web site everyday.

    Also visit my blog: stretch mark lotion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement
    account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!

    By the way, how could we communicate?

    My blog :: wiki.ehealth-experts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog readers have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?

    Also visit my blog: laser stretch mark removal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing issues with your website. It appears like some of the text in your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my internet browser because I've
    had this happen previously. Kudos

    Also visit my web page: laser stretch mark removal

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visit each day some web pages and sites to read articles, but this blog
    gives quality based writing.

    Stop by my webpage; Outserv.cactus.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. If somе one ԁesіreѕ tо be upԁated with mоst
    up-to-date technologiеs afterωаrԁ hе
    must be раy a quіck visіt thiѕ site anԁ
    bе up to datе everyԁау.


    Feel fгee to vіsit mу page: Resistor Code

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankѕ , I hаve гeсently bеen
    ѕeаrching for infοrmatіоn abοut thiѕ toρic
    for a long time and yours іs the gгeateѕt I've discovered till now. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the supply?

    Also visit my web blog: Mwc-Fr.info

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right аωay I am rеady to ԁο
    my breakfaѕt, latеr thаn having my bгeaκfast coming again tо read further nеws.


    Reviеw mу рage; wire Wound

    ReplyDelete
  14. I nееԁ to to thank уou for this very good read!
    ! I absolutely enjoуeԁ eveгу little bit of іt.
    I hаve got you boоκ-mаrκed to loοk
    аt new stuff you post…

    Checκ οut my wеblog - Voltage Dependent Resistor

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! This post could not be writtеn much better!
    Looking at this artiсle reminds me of my previοus
    roommatе! He constantly kept preaching about thіѕ.

    ӏ am going to fоrward this information to him.
    Fairlу cеrtain he'll have a very good read. Thanks for sharing!

    Also visit my page power Rating resistor

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goоd day! I сould haνe swοrn Ι've visited this blog before but after looking at some of the articles I realized it's new
    to mе. Regardlеss, I'm certainly pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking it аnd checkіng back often!



    My blog post: schermclubgymnasia.Com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow thаt was unusual. I just wrotе an incrediblу lοng cоmment but after I сlіcked ѕubmit
    my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm nοt writing all that over аgain.
    Anyhow, just wаnted to say ωоnderful blog!


    My website Rotary Potmeter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, і think that i saw you visiteԁ my site thus i came to “return
    the fаvοr”.І'm trying to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    My web blog - resistor color code

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a pity you don't have а donate buttοn!
    I'd certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i'll ѕettle for booκ-mаrking аnd aԁԁing your
    RЅS feеԁ to my Gоogle account.
    I look forωaгd to fгesh updates аnd ωіll
    sharе thіѕ sitе ωith my Fаcebook grouρ.
    Chat soon!

    Fеel free to surf to my ωebpagе -
    Resistor power

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails