Friday, March 25, 2011

City chic

Following up my maiden appearance in my birthday post, here's my first outfit post, in part to celebrate my latest purchase and gift.

This is my look on Wednesday.


Some of you may recognise the dress from an earlier post.  My brother chose the Jeanie Geo from the Ruby by Leona Edmiston collection as my birthday present.

As I expected the dress is very comfy.  The cut of the dress suits my body shape, and I think the print is a lot of fun.  Here's a close up.


When the weather gets colder I'll pair the dress up with patterned pins and black kitten heels.

And yes, I'm carrying my brand new bag in the first photo!  After returning the Z Spoke by Zac Posen bag I'm been on the lookout for a replacement.

A tweet from Net-A-Porter about free international postage was enough to win me over and I bought the Michael Kors Gia shoulder bag in burnt orange (£379).



At 22cm x 18cm the Gia is a bit smaller than most of my other bags, but the shape and the colour won me over.


The tiny pouch on the right holds a small key, it can be used to lock the bag, but it's largely for aesthetics.

The shape and cut of the bag are absolutely spot on for me.  The lines are simple and elegant, the design is feminine without being girly, and what a perfect colour for autumn!


If I can make one change to the bag I'll pick smoother leather over grained leather (like this Marc Jacobs bag, which is very cute by-the-by?). But it's a minor point.


The bag can be carried two way, either with the strap doubled up and carried by hand like this.



Or with the strap fully extended and carried on the shoulder like me in the first photo. I thought the fully extended strap would be a bit awkward in length but it was actually quite comfortable! I ended up carrying the bag that way all the time.

The bag may be small but it fits my belongings neatly.


It is actually quite handy to have a bag with no spare room, because it is easy to tell when something's missing.  When I was at waiting for the lift this afternoon I looked inside the bag and saw immediately that the "iphone slot" was empty, so I went back to my desk to pick it up before I left the building.

So here's my first outfit post!  May it be the first of many :-D

28 comments:

  1. Hehe, I have that Leona dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering which dress you got in the end. The dress seems super comfy.

    I'm glad I didn't get this MJ bag, as lovely as it is, it seems too small for my liking. Good to see that it's the perfect size for you :) Although, if I did get it, I'd wear it long too as I like to do with smaller bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to more outfit posts! Your brother has good taste - I love the 'pop' of purple too.

    Congratulations on finally finding your bag...I agree it's very 'city chic'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice taste MissPosy!

    Gen - I usually carry a small bag for my Keepcup anyway so I don't need too much room in my handbag.

    Thanks sassandspice :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    Also visit my web page ... residential rental property tax deductions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyways, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!


    My blog; http://www.callahans.org/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of
    volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
    You have done a extraordinary job!

    My site :: http://rioradar.com/groups/heater-repair-replacement-of-furnace-filters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I'm about to start my own website and was wondering if you know where the best place to acquire a website url is? I am not even sure if that's what
    its known as? (I'm new to this) I'm referring to "http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5059451854807124934&postID=848685286788067490".
    How do I go about obtaining one of these for the website I'm building? Thanks!

    my web-site analog clothing france

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess
    I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for newbie blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.


    My web blog ... how to get rid of stretch marks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thіs design іs stelleг! You ԁefinitely know hoω tο
    keeр a гeaԁer entertaineԁ.
    Betωeеn your wit and youг videos, I was almost moved to start my own blοg (well, almoѕt.
    ..ΗaHa!) Wonderful јοb. I reallу lovеd what you had to say, and more thаn thаt, how уou ρresented it.
    Тοo coοl!

    Feel free tο ѵisit mу blog;
    Wirewound resistor

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inсrеdible pοints. Solid arguments.
    Keеp up the goоԁ woгk.

    Also visіt my web sіte Georg Ohm

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post will helр the inteгnеt people for buіlding up nеw web sitе οr еven a blоg frοm ѕtart to end.



    Hеre is my ωebpage :: power Rating

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hоwdy! I know thіs is kind of off topic but I was wondeгing if yоu knew where I could lοcate а captcha plugin for
    my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having tгouble finding оne?

    Thаnκs а lot!

    My wеblog: Http://Wskov.dk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I just wanteԁ to ask іf you ever have аny trouble with hacκегs?
    My last blog (woгԁpreѕs) waѕ hacκeԁ and Ι ended uρ losing manу mοnths of hard work due
    to no backup. Dο you have anу methοds to proteсt аgainst hackеrs?


    my webѕite: wirewound resistor

    ReplyDelete
  15. I rarely leave a response, but i did a few searching
    and wound up here "City chic". And I do have a couple of questions for you if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it look as if like a few of the responses look as if they are left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing on other online social sites, I'd like to keep up with anything fresh you
    have to post. Could you make a list of the complete urls of your public pages
    like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?



    Also visit my page :: sp2wiki.netzschreiberling.de

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the right blog for anybody who would like to find out about this topic.

    You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I
    really will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh
    spin on a subject that has been written about for years.
    Excellent stuff, just excellent!

    my website: www.vl-nuernberg.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's up, all is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's іn fact fine, keep up wrіting.


    my blоg post; http://wiki.exocraft.org/

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I initiallу commented I aρpear to have clicked the
    -Notіfy me when new comments аre added- checκbοx and nοw
    whеnever а comment is added I геceive 4 emails with
    the еxaсt same сomment. Is there а meаns уоu are
    able to remove me fгom that ѕerѵiсe?

    Τhanκs a lot!

    My web blog; resistor power

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just like the helpful info you supply for your
    articles. I'll bookmark your blog and test again here frequently. I'm quite sure
    I will be informed many new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

    Look into my webpage - http://www.occupedia.nl/index.php?title=Find_out_the_benifits_of_as_witnessed_on_television_set_goods

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes! Finally something about free online sex games.

    Take a look at my web site best compact kitchen appliances

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails