Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easy peasy chicken and corn soup

Mr Curious is under the weather and I thought a soup is good option for dinner. What better than chicken and corn soup for a cold winter's night?

The recipe is a slight adaptation of this recipe from taste.com.au.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 3 large chicken thigh fillets (~550g), trimmed and sliced
  • 1 litre chicken stock
  • 2 x 310g cans creamed corn
  • 200g canned corn kernels, drained
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
Heat oil in saucepan in medium heat, cook garlic for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes.


Add stock, corn kernels and creamed corn, bring to the boil then simmer for 12 minutes.


Whisk egg white lightly and add to saucepan, simmer for 3 more minutes. Serve with coriander.


It was nom nom nom! The chicken was so tender and corn was sweeeet! The egg white bulked up the soup (yay for extra protein) and the coriander gave it a bite. I may add even more egg white next time.

I added some pasta in the serve for TLG and he loved it - he drank the last drop and asked for an extra serve!

An advice - please use home made stock. They're even easier to make and you can keep them in the freezer for months. The soup will taste infinitely better!

I freezed the leftover so I can bring them to work. I added some canned lentils to make it a more hearty lunch.

Next time I want to make my own creamed corn - promise I'll report back!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Mr A would love this :) He likes chicken corn soup, I should surprise him kekeke

    Yours looks like restaurant quality chicken corp soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *corn

    PS. I have NO idea how to make stock. Don't laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, that's making my mouth water. My favourite thing about winter is soup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails