Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pretty things from The Royal Wedding Part 1

I didn't plan to write a post about Wills and Kate's wedding, but after scouring for photos of the nuptials, I thought I'll share some of my favourite images.

I think Kate looks beautiful in her wedding dress. It suits her to a T, it shows off her best asset (how tiny is her waist???), and it is a style that will stand the test of time.

Some says Kate's dress is not princessy enough, or that the style's not original. As I wrote on Facebook last night, it is impossible for her to please everybody she might as well wear what she likes.

You've probably seen thousands of images of Kate's dress already, I'm showing one that is a bit different.




Click the photo above and check out the intricate lace on the dress! So beautiful.

And here's a close up of the bride.


The pinky nude lipstick colour is perfect and she sticked with her signature look of strong brows and eyeliner.

I love her earrings! They are from Robinson Pelham and feature acorns and oak leaves which are part of her family's new coat of arms, and they complement the Cartier "halo" tiara as well. A similar pair of earrings from Pelham's collection (below) will set you back GBP5,795. I'm sure they'll become best-sellers.


And here's a photo of her dress at the reception. Some smart cookie cut and pasted two photos so we can see the newlyweds together.


I suspect that dress is what Kate would have chosen as the wedding dress if she wasn't marrying a prince. The silver belt is gorgeous. And the prince looks dapper in bow-tie and suit.

Moving on to the guests now. The Queen surprised the pundits by wearing daffodil yellow (the money was on pale blue) and I think it's an excellent choice. The tailoring is perfect and and gloves, small structured handbag and cute shoes with bows complete the look.


The True Lover's Knot brooch is simply stunning, and very fitting for the occasion.


Let's admire it in close up. What a classic!


Part 2 covers the best looking man, more beautiful frocks, and my favourite photo of the wedding!

25 comments:

  1. Love the yellow on the queen - I thought the hat was a bit boxy though. I adore the symbol of the True lover's knot brooch she wore.

    Love Kate's second McQueen dress, although I need to be convinced on the cardi. I was so glad she wore a tiara though! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou, I think she was just pefect..and Diana would have aproved and adored her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! reception photos! she looks lovely, love that dress choice. where can i find more reception photos??

    ReplyDelete
  4. My spouse and I stumbled over here different
    web address and thought I may as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking over your web page for a second time.
    Here is my weblog :: https://www.rainbowcottoncandy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for any other excellent post. Where else
    could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal manner of writing?
    I've a presentation next week, and I'm at the search for such information.
    Feel free to visit my site - com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to
    “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my site!
    I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!
    !
    Feel free to visit my web site - Alyssamelodyacupuncture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greate post. Keep writing such kind of information on your
    blog. Im really impressed by it.
    Hi there, You have performed a fantastic job.
    I will definitely digg it and in my view suggest to my friends.
    I am sure they'll be benefited from this website.
    My web-site - papillex.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you be
    acquainted with then you can write if not it is complex to write.
    Here is my web site :: http://www.assiplaza.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surfing around digg.com I noticed your blog book-marked as: Blogger:
    Confessions of a Curious Mind. Now I'm assuming you bookmarked it yourself and wanted to ask if social book-marking gets you a lot of traffic? I've been contemplating doing some social bookmarking for a few of my sites but wasn't sure if it would yield any positive results. Thank you so much.

    Take a look at my web page - AfricanSafariTours.co

    ReplyDelete
  10. Currently it looks like BlogEngine is the best blogging platform out there
    right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?


    Here is my website; stretch mark removal and home remedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is really
    informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    my page; buy 4 kw solar panels

    ReplyDelete
  12. If some one wants to be updated with hottest technologies afterward he must be visit this web page and be up to date every day.


    Feel free to visit my blog :: complete family survival kit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your style is so unique in comparison to other people I've read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just book mark
    this blog.

    Look at my web blog - http://wiki.myquran.org/index.php?title=Improve_Your_Own_Green_Energy_Sources_Home

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog web site?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a
    little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered vibrant transparent concept

    Also visit my weblog: buy solar cells thailand

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for finally writing about > "Pretty things from The Royal Wedding Part 1" < Liked it!

    My blog post - http:
    //www.hssattledt.at/mediawiki/index.php?title=Eliminate_Stretch_Spots_Naturally.
    _6_Ideas_To_Assist_You_Help

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble.
    You're amazing! Thanks!

    Here is my webpage - stretch mark removal and home remedy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, I discovered your web site by means of Google at the same time as searching for
    a related subject, your web site came up, it appears to be like great.

    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, just turned into alert to your weblog via Google, and located that it is truly informative. I'm gonna be careful for brussels.
    I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
    Lots of people can be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    My web blog :: breville juice fountain

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

    my page - Http://Wiki.Cloudsixteen.Com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post. I
    wanted to write a little comment to support you.



    My weblog - http://Wiki.zielonezacisze.waw.pl

    ReplyDelete
  20. cellport clinic bangkok

    Also visit my website ... cellport thailand

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, everything is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's in fact fine, keep up writing.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage dailystrength.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails