Friday, June 3, 2011

Let my mind wander

Thinking about u, by Wolfsoul on Flickr

Strolling through the wasteland
I want to find a tree for shelther
With sunshine
With water
And a gentle breeze

How should I face
The unknown ahead
And let my thoughts settle
As the sky changes colour
I need an overcoat for my emotions

This is right
That is good
I want to run
I want to flee
The truth is I'm scared
Can we just stop right now?
I need a bit more time
To let my mind wander

Looking out the window
I'm mesmerised by the street of blue
With loneliness
With laughter
And snow out-of-view

How should I organise
This hectic city
And the matters of my heart?
Hiding in a busy December night
I want to be by myself
Peacefully, quietly

What is right?
What is good?
Don't ask
Don't guess
Don't come too close to me
Can you bravely stop right now?
I need a bit more space
To let my mind wander

Strolling through the wasteland
I want to find a tree for shelther
With sunshine
With water
And a gentle breeze

Let my mind wander
by Cheer Chen
Translation by Yours Truly

Click here to hear Cheer perform this beautiful song unplugged.

4 comments:

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails