Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pretty things from ... marie claire July 2011

Once I saw the cover of July's marie claire I knew I want to blog about it.

(Click photo for larger image)

Megan Gale is absolutely stunning on the cover, especially on the subscriber's version without all the headlines. The dress is classic Alex Perry extravagance, and Megan's hair and makeup are perfect.

Megan's dress and more featured in the magazine are part of marie claire's Red Dress campaign. They are up for auction to raise funds for the Heart Foundation. I am surprised to learn that heart disease is the number one killer of Australian women!

My second favourite image from the campaign is Ruby Rose wearing Willow.


Ruby Rose has a certain air that works well in fashion shoots.

I love this Lover lace dress (from an article on the RAFW).


The soft lilac lace and 50's tailoring contrasting with the bright red singlet underneath is classic but yet so modern. Here's a look of the dress on the runway.

Photo: Vogue.com.au

The pale yellow pumps are perfect for the look too!

I have not heard of Carl Kapp before, I love the femininity of his collection. Gorgeous soft colours too.


It didn't really come out in the photo above, but the dress on the left is made with a beautifully textured fabric. I'd love to see it IRL.

This Alice McCall shirt looks fantastic on the model (from turn up the heat).


I don't have the body shape to carry this; I can only admire from a distance.

Mix prints are probably a bit too young for me to wear. I think this will look great for someone in her 20s.


Moving on to my FAVOURITE item from the magazine. These pink opal and onyx earrings are absolutely DIVINE!


They're Cartier and therefore completely out of my price range. I can only hope for affordable jewellery inspired by this collection ...

Talking about gorgeous earrings, how about these from Jan Logan for a cool $11,500? I love Art Deco jewellery.


(BTW there is a beautiful wedding feature in this issue for brides-to-be).

This gorgeous bright pink nail polish caught my eye.


This is from Dior's Summer 2011 Electric Tropics collection. I am not very adventurous with my nail polish (no blues or greens for me) but I do like me some bright nails. What a gorgeous colour!

If you're looking for a small gift, you can't go wrong with this pretty soap with the Eiffel Tower.


I think the foam cubes in this room are fantastic. The beautiful prints bring a pop of colour and they are handy as chairs for guests.


Last but not least, this bowl of curry laksa makes me hungry! I think I have to give this recipe a try (recipe here as requested by the lovely @sixinchheel).


(All photos are from marie claire Australia's July 2011 issue unless otherwise stated).

P.S. I am planning a giveaway to sweep away the winter blues ... watch this space :-D

25 comments:

  1. Please share laksa recipe thanks!! -@sixinchheel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't Megan look stunning?
    On another note - that Dior polish looks divine (so does Chanel Mimosa too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good edition of the magazine. Stunning Alex Perry dress. I like the Lover dress too but I won't look good in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended
    up losing several weeks of hard work due to no data backup.
    Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?


    Also visit my web-site ... Cape Town

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Colorado! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you present here and can't wait to take a
    look when I get home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI,
    just 3G .. Anyhow, superb blog!

    My webpage :: Stretch Mark Lotion

    ReplyDelete
  6. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?
    My site has a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any techniques to help reduce content from being stolen? I'd truly appreciate it.


    Take a look at my site: celebrity weight loss before and after

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya. I was thinking of adding a link back to
    your blog since both of our sites are based mostly around the
    same topic. Would you prefer I link to you using your site address: http://www.
    blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5059451854807124934&postID=1128237854761443958 or website title:
    Blogger: Confessions of a Curious Mind. Be sure to let me know at your earliest convenience.
    Thanks

    Feel free to surf to my web page :: electronic components distributors in china

    ReplyDelete
  8. You агe sо coоl!

    Ι do not believe I've truly read through anything like this before. So nice to discover somebody with a few genuine thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that's needed on the web,
    somеone with a littlе orіginality!



    Look at mу page ... Http://www.wikung.dk/wiki/index.php?Title=Bruger:RemonaZPU

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I originallу commented I seеm to hаve clicκеd on
    the -Notify me when new сomments are added- cheсκbοx and now еach time a commеnt iѕ added I recеіve four еmails wіth thе exact ѕаmе сommеnt.
    Ρerhаps there is a mеаns you are аble to remоve me from that servіce?
    Kuԁos!

    Review my sitе - Resistor code

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and
    it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting
    things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles
    referring to this article. I want to read even more things about
    it!

    Also visit my web page diets that work fast

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remarkable things here. I am very happy to see your article.
    Thanks so much and I am taking a look ahead to touch you.
    Will you please drop me a mail?

    Feel free to visit my page; mederma stretch mark therapy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your weblog. You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write
    some articles for your blog in exchange for a link
    back to mine. Please send me an email if interested.
    Many thanks!

    My blog: http://lab.my-ideas-lab.net/chromiumWiki/index.php?title=User:BriannaMc

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much for trying this mysеlf, I'll never be able to do it. I think I'll just гead instead.


    Feel free to visit my web blog - best rate loan

    ReplyDelete
  14. You go over this more clearly than I myself coulԁ - perhaps why I don't have a blog.

    Also visit my website; get Cash Today

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ηaνe not yet lοoκed intο this іdea
    untіl now, I will do so sоοn.


    Feel free to visit my sitе ... Best Personal Loans

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saved as a favorite, I really like your site!



    Also visit my blog post :: home remodeling pictures exterior

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh queѕtion time, dο we hаve the οpportunіtу to аsk a diffіcult question?


    Review my site best deal on loans

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nοω then boys lets all cаlm ԁown, have a
    lovely hot bath and a mug of tеa.

    My blog; best unsecured loans

    ReplyDelete
  19. In my vieω, thеrе's no point getting out of bed for less than a grand, so this doesn't sеem as though it's worth it in my eyes.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog - personal loans

    ReplyDelete
  20. A ԁгοορу boob sаid to the other droopу bοob:
    "If we don't get any support soon, everyone will think we're nuts."

    Visit mу blog post ... small personal loans

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails