Friday, June 17, 2011

Reading list ... sort of

Wondering where I have been? Well, I have been sick. Just your typical viral infection but enough to knock me around some. Continuous coughing is not fun.

In my sick days I have been reading. A lot. Here are some of the things that helped me pass my time.

I finished a book that I learnt of from an ABC radio book reading. I promise I'm not an 80-year-old in disguise! The truth is that I've been an AM radio listener for years, although I came across the book reading by chance.

The book is The Testament of Gideon Mack by James Robertson. It is about a Scottish church minister who claimed to have met the devil. Well that is the headline, but it is about a lot more than that. I usually read non-fiction and I really missed the feeling of being immersed in a well-told story. And the book definitely gave me lots of food for thought, about how much control you really have over what happens in your life, among other things.


The book is on sale at Book Depository for a crazy £2.99. Grab a copy while you can.

The internet also featured heavily on my reading list. I spebt time catching up on my Miss Manners posts and my favourite advice column (Since you asked on Salon), enjoying Mamamia for the mix of news, humour and personal stories (I think Mia Freedman's onto something, and I like the new contributors), and having a chuckle on bad fashion choices on Go Fug Yourself.

Out of all my readings there are two articles that I recommend - for completely different reasons:

Regretsy's "pranks" post (password "fc4l") - do you want to annoy someone or cause someone serious grief? Read the list of devilish pranks in April's post (AND the comments), I guarantee you buckets of laughter.

Interview with Justin Timberlake - I was too old when N*Sync made it big to get into it, but I enjoy Timberlake's solo albums and even went to his SexyBack concert. I came across this from a gossip website and the interview is surprisingly enjoyable. Who knows Playboy really has articles worth reading?

One comment Timberlake made struck a chord with me. "I owe it to myself to do things that inspire me and not do things I don’t like." So simple, but how many of us can say we abide to it?

On that note I bid adieu and wish you all a great weekend :-D

7 comments:

  1. I did wonder where you were! Hope you feel better soon... bf x

    ReplyDelete
  2. get better ms curious! JT is the best I read an interview when he said something like- i do what I love and the money just comes. So follow your passion!
    love anurag

    ReplyDelete
  3. oZzy moved away a few months ago, I miss his cock, and I'm always hungry for sex.
    FUCK MY PUSSY!

    Look into my homepage :: hcg injections

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails