Thursday, July 28, 2011

Custom design Etsy earrings

Before I made my first pairs of earrings, I was searching around Etsy for some new bling.

I liked this pair:


But I have quite a few pairs of pearl earrings already. I thought it would be nice to replace the pearls with some onyx drops like these.


I contacted the seller of the earrings about the modification but I didn't receive a reply. Then I remembered Wellstrung, the Melbourne-based Etsy seller I bought from last year. I sent her the request and she took up the challenge.

A few days later Bernadette came back with some designs. I was blown away by how beautiful they were!


I'm not sure why Bernadette used turquoise drops in the first design but I was so glad she did. I have been looking for something like that for AGES. There are a few pairs in my Etsy favourites - maybe she saw those? Anyhow I love the drops but I thought the earrings looked a bit too long, so I asked Bernadette to remove the circle in the middle. And voilà, a beautiful pair of earrings were born.


She created a mock up with a red drop too. Beautiful, but my heart was set on the turquoise. Someone snap them up!


And here's the second design.


I love love love the top part of the design with the 2 circle and the black sphere suspended in the bigger circle. So I asked Bernadette to remove the bottom part.


How pretty are they?

I thought the drops were sitting a bit too low, so I asked Bernadette if she could use the same type of fitting as the photo I sent her initially. She said yes but she had to order the parts.

A few weeks later Bernadette told me they were ready and sent me a photo of the finished product.


They are just perfection! I was in love.


I was so excited when they arrived at work. And I was right to be - they were even more beautiful in person.


And here are the model shots :-D



I am so chuffed with the earrings. A big thank you to Bernadette for her beautiful designs and for being such a lovely seller to deal with. Do yourself a favour and check out her Etsy store!

26 comments:

  1. Ms C they're beautiful! I especially love the black ones. Thanks for the link, I'll go and check her out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the turquoise ones, how gorgeous/perfect will they be come summer <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another fantastic article. Where else may anyone
    get that kind of info in such a perfect approach of writing?
    I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for
    such information.
    Also visit my web site - www.rainbowcottoncandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice answer back in return of this issue with real arguments and telling the whole thing about that.
    my webpage - sanstreet.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I don't learn article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very great post.
    My blog ; Acupuncture Effective

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's up, I log on to your blogs like every week. Your story-telling style is witty, keep it up!
    My blog post ... Oral hpv treatment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Neat post. There is an issue along with your website
    in web explorer, could check this? IE still is the
    marketplace leader and a good part of other people will leave out your
    fantastic writing because of this problem.
    Also visit my blog post - http://www.assiplaza.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to find out more? I'd love to find out more details.


    My web page: phoenix house cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to find out more? I'd love to find out more details.



    Also visit my web blog phoenix house cleaning
    My webpage > house cleaning phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's
    new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be
    book-marking and checking back frequently!
    engineered hardwood floors

    my web-site: refinishing hardwood floors

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really loving the theme/design of your website. Do you
    ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A handful of
    my blog audience have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer
    but looks great in Opera. Do you have any tips
    to help fix this problem?

    Here is my web blog; hair growth cycle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to know so much about
    this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I feel that you simply
    could do with some percent to power the message house a
    bit, however other than that, this is fantastic blog.

    A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

    My weblog; geee.ru

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello colleagues, pleasant piece of writing and
    good urging commented at this place, I am genuinely enjoying by these.


    My web page laser stretch mark removal

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from
    somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would
    really make my blog shine. Please let me know where
    you got your design. Thanks

    my blog post; edhaiti.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to to thank you for this wonderful read!
    ! I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it. I have got you book-marked to
    check out new stuff you post…

    Feel free to surf to my blog; http://de.noswiki.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your style is unique compared to other people I have read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity,
    Guess I'll just bookmark this web site.

    my web site :: tsuk.org

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to your blog before but after going through some of the articles I realized it's new
    to me. Anyhow, I'm certainly pleased I discovered it and I'll be bookmarking
    it and checking back regularly!

    Also visit my web-site; www.basrasites.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every weekend i used to pay a visit this site, as i want enjoyment, as this this website conations genuinely good funny
    material too.

    Also visit my webpage stretch mark creams

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really
    nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. All the best

    Feel free to surf to my homepage; magic johnson

    ReplyDelete
  20. At this time I am going to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming
    again to read further news.

    Also visit my homepage - does wartrol work

    ReplyDelete
  21. though that deserved more closer focus and I'll manage them in separate post: 3D printing, and mobile application.

    Also visit my web site - http://cupkatesforyou.blogspot.com/2010/01/tiramisu-bread-pudding-and-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to finding out about your web page repeatedly.


    Also visit my site Check This Out

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like what you guys are up too. This kind
    of clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.

    Look at my web-site ... phen375 reviews

    ReplyDelete
  24. These benefits (we counted 5) ought to make you consider purchasing
    multi-function printers. There are great deals of printer brand names online that offer advanced functions.
    So it's helpful if you search for these multifunction printers on amazon, read evaluations and find a cheap multifunction printer for on your own.
    +1.

    my webpage ... xerox phaser 8560 driver :: www.krudy-nyh.sulinet.hu ::

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really nice, want to try it today.

    Also visit my blog post xerox phaser 8560 toner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails