Sunday, September 25, 2011

Miu Miu double act

I visited Miu Miu a few times, both in Sydney and in Hong Kong, when I was searching for a wallet. Although I didn't buy a Miu Miu wallet, I liked what I saw in the store, and I was keen to get something from them.

One of my best friends E lives in Hong Kong and she told me about her favourite store Twist, which sells a variety of designer goods. She likes it because she finds it less intimidating then designer boutiques, and many items are on sale. After the poor service I received from the Miu Miu boutique in Hong Kong I was not in a rush to go back.

I went with my brother B to Twist one day when TLG was playing with his cousins (my brother grew up in a family of women and is well trained on shopping). To me the store was like a Kit/Mecca/Sephora for designer wares.

 Photo: Twist

First I had a look at keyholders. B gave me a Burberry keyholder a few years ago. I didn't know about fabric protector back then and the keyholder became grubby with use. Also, the hooks were not that good and the keys fell out a few times :-/

I have been admiring my sister's Miu Miu Matelassé tote (she also has the Stage clutch, yes she has a very enviable handbag collection!). 


With that in mind I chose the Matelassé calf skin keyholder.

Love the print on the lining of the box.

(click the photos for larger images)

As a keyholder is fairly small, it's nice to have a print (like the Burberry) or textured leather in this case to give it a bit of oomph.

The light lilac colour is so pretty, and it's complementary to the soft pink of the Chloé without being matchy-matchy.


I like the hooks better than the ones in the Burberry as there is no clasp to fasten, so the chance of keys falling out is much lower.


I cannot emphasise how soft the leather is. Sometimes it catches me by surprise when I hold it!


Finally I have something to satisfy my lemming. Is a Matelassé handbag in my future?

After choosing the keyholder I wandered to the handbag section. My last few handbags have been on the formal end of the scale and I'm hoping to get something more casual. Something I can pair up with jeans, but still suitable for the office. I considered the bow bag but it was a tad too big for my needs, and the zip and fold-over "flap" did not suit my clusmy self.

Luckily there is a bag in the collection that fits my bill.


First of all, I really really like the shiny grey colour. It's versatile without being boring. It has a slight "marbled" effect that I think works very well with this bag.

Here's a close up of the gold hardware.


Most of my handbags have flaps, so it's a nice change to have a bag which gives me super easy access to my belongings.


The strap is long enough for me to wear the bag cross-body. Handy when I need to lug TLG around!


The best thing about buying the bags from Twist? You can join their loyalty program when you spend more than $HK10,000 in one transaction and you get 10% off all purchases! The keyholder and the bag totalled just over that mark so I saved around $HK1,000 :-)

I think I should go on a handbag shopping ban for a while after my HK haul. I wonder how long I'll last?

45 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I feel a lot of love for your new handbag. Grey is such an easy colour to work with too. I have never been sure about key holders but that may be because I have never considered one from Miu Miu. Seeing yours, I probably won't need much convincing to get on board!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love, love, LOVE that bag! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

    I am so JELLY

    Love, love these purchases, GAH.

    Long straps are the BEST for hands free activities, so good.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! How much was that keyholder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! can never go wrong with miu miu!! I will definitely check out Twist next time - never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The key holder is so pretty! Love Miu Miu, I just bought a new wallet from there during my Europe trip! Shame about the service in the HK store, I didn't even bother to look at designer goodies whilst I was there because the lines were so horrendous (never used to be like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously gorgeous purchases! I love the colours of both of them, but especially the keyholder. It even LOOKS buttery soft!

    Right now I am lemming Miu Miu glitter shoes! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous new bag, you're making me super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bag!! and the key holders.. awe....
    Also love the beauty products you purchased!
    Can I go to HK with you next time? lol
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Miu Miu bags. I need to check out Twist when I ever I go to HK. A 'Kit/Mecca/Sephora for designer wares' sounds like heaven for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really
    long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over
    again. Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!



    Here is my web blog - flash memory drive 8gb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out.
    Please let me know where you got your design.

    Cheers

    My web blog :: cicerone.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have gone ahead and added a backlink back to your
    webpage from one of my clients requesting it.
    We have used your site URL: http://www.blogger.
    com/comment.g?blogID=5059451854807124934&postID=8252844428229584361 and
    blog title: Blogger: Confessions of a Curious Mind to insure you get the correct anchor text.
    If you woud like to see where your website link has been placed,
    please contact me at: kayleeslocum@yahoo.com. Thank
    you

    Here is my web site usb cable for camera canon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm trying
    to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this problem.
    If you have any suggestions, please share. Many thanks!


    My web page :: vacation rentals in hawaii honolulu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! This іѕ my first comment here ѕο I just
    wantеd tο give а quick shout out and tell уou I
    gеnuіnеly enjοу rеadіng yοur аrticles.
    Can уou recommend any οthеr blοgs/wеbsiteѕ/fοrums that go over the
    sаme tоρicѕ? Many thanks!

    Check out mу homеpage: resistor Color Code calculator

    ReplyDelete
  16. You actually make it seеm sо easу with your presentation but Ι find this topic to be actually something which I thinκ I would
    nevеr understand. It seems too comρlicated and very broad for me.
    І'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my blog; Wiki.Monzogc.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, I have just been searching for info approximately this subject for ages and yours is
    the greatest I've discovered so far. But, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the supply?

    Also visit my web-site: electric juicer

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so awesome! I do not believe I've truly read anything like that before. So good to find someone with unique thoughts on this topic. Seriously.. thank you for starting this up. This website is one thing that's needed on the web, someone with
    some originality!

    Also visit my web site :: stretch mark creams

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello! I just want to offer you a big thumbs up for your excellent info you have got here on this post.
    I am returning to your blog for more soon.

    Here is my web site; http://www.ktmet.com/wiki/index.php?title=Styles_Of_Commercial_Juicers_Obtainable_Currently

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greetings from Florida! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can't wait to take
    a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not
    even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, great site!

    Also visit my blog: magnetized flashlights

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just savouring my fігst рint of Stella іn nearly а
    year. It's easy to forget just how nice some things actually are !! One can is enough to make it a challenge to read all these comments!

    Here is my webpage: secured loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your mode of telling all in this paragraph is really pleasant,
    every one be able to easily understand it, Thanks a lot.



    My webpage water vacuum on tv

    ReplyDelete
  23. You should be a part of a contest for one of the best sites on the internet.
    I will highly recommend this blog!

    my weblog: vegetables juice

    ReplyDelete
  24. Οоh questіοn time, ԁo we
    get the chance to aѕk a questіοn?


    Here іs my web-sitе :: personal loans bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now I am ready to do my breakfast, later than having my breakfast coming yet again to read other news.


    Also visit my blog ... juicer seen on tv

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm questioning at what age we begin to become more grown up and take no notice of all this rubbish.

    my web site - loan broker

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am thinκіng what age yоu begin to gеt ωіsеr and disгegarԁ all thіs nonsense.


    Look at mу blog ... cash loan fast

    ReplyDelete
  28. Off foг a scаn on my fingers, can ardly tуpe with this break.
    Rly haгd typing with a fraсtureԁ forefinger!
    ?.

    Ηеre is mу site fast cash loans bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  29. Until а cоlleaguе mentiοned thіs to mе I hadn't even thought it possible. Looks as though I'm ωaу bеhinԁ οn the
    іssue..

    mу wеb site: borrow money fast

    ReplyDelete
  30. I neeԁ to get it all done becauѕe ӏ wοn't have the chance to get it done if not!

    Visit my blog post; loans and fast

    ReplyDelete
  31. If уоu are doing it as ωеll then I won't! There's
    nо sense writing the same thing for а second time.


    Stоp by my sіte ... small personal loans

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's not my aim to be a nuisance, I just think you can write better content than this. More detail would be good.

    Look into my homepage :: unsecured loans

    ReplyDelete
  33. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation
    however I in finding this topic to be really something that I feel I would never understand.
    It sort of feels too complicated and very vast for me. I am having a look ahead
    to your subsequent submit, I'll try to get the grasp of it!

    My webpage: kitchen remodel photos ideas

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am genuіnely wasting all of my day so far
    bгοwsing thгough all theѕe articles.
    Well, at least this is still mοгe ρroductive than yesterday!
    . At least I'll learn something.

    Here is my website icollegecafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Howdy superb website! Does running a blog such as this require a large amount of work?

    I've no expertise in computer programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway, if you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic however I just had to ask. Appreciate it!

    Also visit my web blog ... technorati.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Onе ѕaggy boob sаid tο thе other saggy boob:
    "If we don't get some support soon, people might think we're nuts.'

    my site; Best personal Loan

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I've shared your website
    in my social networks!

    Here is my homepage ... xerox 8560 specs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails