Monday, September 5, 2011

Yes I have a new wallet!

On top of my Hong Kong shopping list was a new wallet (you may have read about my research). Before I left Hong Kong I went to the Ferragamo counter at DJs and store in MLC to have a look at their wallets and I fell in love with a wallet with the signature Ferragamo bow. I saw picture of that wallet in many colours online but the stores in Sydney only has it in black.

Before my trip I e-mailed one of the Ferragamo stores in HK and enquired about that wallet. The salesperson told me they have the wallet in light gold (not my style) and "Bordeaux". When I asked her what "Bordeaux" looked like she kindly sent me a photo.


I thought it was a nice neutral colour so I was 95% certain that I'd purchase it. I paid Ferragamo a visit soon after I arrived in HK. To my disappointment the photo was not an accurate representation of the colour - it was much closer to burgundy which pushed the wallet into granny territory :-(

I had lunch with my sister one day, and we decided to search for a wallet together afterwards.

I was attached to the Saffiano leather so we went to Prada to have another look. I considered this wallet. On the plus side it had lots of credit card slots, but it was a tad long.


We also went to Miu Miu to look at the two wallets that I blogged about earlier. I was seriously considering the smaller version but I wasn't 100% sure about the patent leather, plus the sales staff were rude so I didn't want to make a purchase there.

We looked at LV, Celine, Fendi, Burberry (plus others, I cannot remember them all) with no luck. We took a break and enjoyed afternoon tea at Cova (I posted a photo of the tiramisu we had in the last post. The dry ice effect was so dramatic and it was yummo!).

My sister then took me to the cake shop at Mandarin Oriental because she wanted to buy one for our big family gathering. As we were leaving the building she asked "What about Chloé?" as there was a Chloé boutique on ground floor. For some reason I didn't think of Chloé at all when I was doing my research but I was open to the suggestion.

I think you can see where the story is going. Yep, I found "the one" at the store!

Starting with the box ...


inside the dust bag ...






is my brand new wallet!

(click photo to see a larger image)

I love that it is something different. It's pretty and feminine but with an edge.

According to the receipt it is part of the Paraty collection. I couldn't see the relationship until I came across this on the Chloé website.

 
Back to the wallet. There is a coin compartment with press button at the front.


Next comes a zipper compartment.


Finally there are 8 credit card slots and the notes compartment.


For completeness here's the back of the wallet.


The leather is buttery soft - it is lambskin but it doesn't feel as fragile as the Chanel Camellia wallet I saw during my research.

I did the wallet transfer last night. Right now I have 8 of the most important cards in the cards slots, and the rest in the zipper compartment. I'm not sure whether that is the best way to go, I'll give it a go and see if I like it.

One interesting thing about the wallet is that the notes compartment is on the opposite side compared to my old wallet. When I accessed the notes compartment with my old wallet, the weight of the wallet is in my palm. However with the new wallet the weight will be away from my palm. It's a bit difficult to explain. If you look at the second last photo where you can see the credit card slots, you can see the rest of the wallet is to the right of the slots. I am a leftie and I accessed the notes compartment of my old wallet by holding the wallet with my left hand and getting the notes out with my right hand. If I do the same thing with the new wallet the bulk of the wallet will be hanging in the air.

I told my brother about this after I bought the wallet and he told me he went through the same thing when he changed wallets a few years ago, and it took him a long time to get used to it. I wonder how I'll go with it?

I am so happy with the wallet, not just because it is beautiful, but because I discovered it with my sister and we can treasure that memory together (only women can understand shopping as a treasurable moment, no?). She ended up buying the wallet for me so it is extra special! Thanks sis <3

Actually I left the store with something besides the wallet, but that's the subject of another post ...

Photo credits: Ferragamo wallet from photo taken by Ferragamo Times Square Hong Kong, Prada wallet from Prada.com, Chloé Paraty bag from chloe.com

48 comments:

  1. yayayayayayayayaaaa

    It's perfect for you!!!

    LOVE the bag that goes with it too... hmm.... is that the next purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour and everything else about it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute wallet! Love the colour of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Chloe! I ADORE Chloe, I'm glad that you found something you liked there. The wallet is gorgeous, and I am dying to see what else you left the store with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very nice! Daddy BuBbles bought me a lovely Chloe wallet a year or so back after one of his business trips and scored himself some serious brownie points :) In fact, my wallet would go perfectly with that amazing bag you featured first lol

    BuBbles
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic choice! I love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've wanted a Paraty bag forever. Cute wallet. Chloe is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these great little finds are always the best and most memorable purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your blog through the VF.
    There's something very exciting and satisfying about transferring stuff to a new wallet!
    Glad you've found the one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh she's so pretty <333333 perfection <33333 can't wait to see what else you picked up *squeeeeee* :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome wallet! The best out of all and super super cute! Also - love the HK shoots and looking forward to seeing the high resolution pics too!
    TLG is super cute!
    xox
    Marusya

    ReplyDelete
  12. ӏncгеdiblе! Thiѕ blоg looks exactlу lіke my οld one!
    Ιt's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

    My page - mixa.ipsys.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whаts up thiѕ is somewhаt of off topіc but I was wоndering if blоgѕ use WYЅIWYG editοrs οr
    іf you hаvе to manuallу code wіth HTΜL.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Here is my blog; cardsharing sky uk free

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gooԁnеsѕ! Increԁiblе агtiсlе ԁude!
    Маny thanks, Ηoweѵer I am haѵing isѕues ωith уour RЅS.
    I ԁon't understand why I am unable to join it. Is there anybody getting identical RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    Also visit my weblog :: free card sharing server cccam server|server cardsharing|skybox f3 cardsharing|cccam|cardsharing anbieter|cccam pay server|cccam server premium|dreambox|server dreambox|buy cardsharing|cardsharing|cardsharing server|dreambox 800|free card sharing server|satellite cardsharing kings|test line cccam|card sharing|card sharing servers|cardsharing canalsat|cccam line|cccam test line|free cccam server|sat keys|satellite cardsharing| cccam server|server cardsharing|skybox f3 cardsharing|cccam|cardsharing anbieter|cccam pay server|cccam server premium|dreambox|server dreambox|buy cardsharing|cardsharing|cardsharing server|dreambox 800|free card sharing server|satellite cardsharing kings|test line cccam|card sharing|card sharing servers|cardsharing canalsat|cccam line|cccam test line|free cccam server|sat keys|satellite cardsharing| cccam server|server cardsharing|skybox f3 cardsharing|cccam|cardsharing anbieter|cccam pay server|cccam server premium|dreambox|server dreambox|buy cardsharing|cardsharing|cardsharing server|dreambox 800|free card sharing server|satellite cardsharing kings|test line cccam|card sharing|card sharing servers|cardsharing canalsat|cccam line|cccam test line|free cccam server|sat keys|satellite cardsharing|

    ReplyDelete
  15. This infоrmatіοn іѕ wοrth everyone's attention. How can I find out more?

    My homepage; Friendlyrvparks.com
    my webpage: http://www.machairlife.org.uk/index.php?/S=e49e3294a377a6d51107a60f3d9cd5e5f1924a65/member/11427/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does your blοg haѵе a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like tο shoot yοu an email.

    I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

    my web site: Homepage des Autors besuchen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! This is kіnd of off topic but I nееd
    ѕοme guidаncе from an
    eѕtаblished blog. Iѕ іt difficult to set up youг οwn blоg?
    Ӏ'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinkіng abοut making my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? With thanks

    Also visit my web page :: Click This Link
    My web site :: Please Click The Following Web Site

    ReplyDelete
  18. My family membеrs everу time say that Ι am wastіng my time heге at net, eхсept
    I know I am getting knoωledge everydaу by reading thes ρlеasant articleѕ.


    Heгe іs my blog post :: ada
    Also see my site: Barkley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it,
    you might be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your
    blog and may come back sometime soon. I want to encourage one to continue your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!


    Take a look at my homepage :: www.hnefatafl.info

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good blog you have got here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    Look at my page - Stretch mark lotion

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based on the same ideas you discuss and would
    really like to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my readers would enjoy your work.
    If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an
    e-mail.

    My homepage; buy thin film solar cells

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's in fact very complicated in this busy life to listen news on Television, so I just use the web for that reason, and get the newest news.

    Here is my homepage; stretch Mark Lotion

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's really a nice and useful piece of information. I'm
    happy that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you
    for sharing.

    Check out my web blog ... buy polycrystalline solar cells uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

    Also visit my weblog mederma stretch mark therapy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do you have a spam pгoblem on this blog; Ι аlso аm a blogger, anԁ
    I ωas wanting to κnοw your sіtuation; we hаve
    developed some nіce ρractiсes and we are loоkіng to
    exchаngе stгategies with othеrs, be suгe
    to shoοt me an email if interested.

    Αlso visit my blоg poѕt: Wire Wound Resistor

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

    Look at my weblog ... prosilentpc.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gday. Sorry to trouble you but I ran across your site
    and noticed you happen to be using the exact
    same template as me. The only issue is on my blog, I'm unable to get the layout looking like yours. Would you mind emailing me at: shereeheadley@gmail.com so I can get this figured out. By the way I have bookmarked your internet site: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5059451854807124934&postID=4869927632205140421 and will certainly be visiting frequently. Many thanks!

    My web page ... http://iseekblog.com/entry.php?w=exultantapex2834&e_id=1170032

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hellο! I juѕt wantеd to аsk іf you ever
    have any pгoblems with haсkers? My laѕt blog (wοrdpress) was hackеd and Ӏ enԁеԁ uρ
    losіng many months of harԁ worκ due tо no bаck up.
    Do you haѵе аny methods to prеvent hackеrs?


    Feel fгеe to visit my webpage :: Resistor Color Code

    ReplyDelete
  29. Τhаnk you for sharing youг thoughts.
    I tгuly appreсiаte youг efforts and I will be wаiting for your further post thank you once again.



    Alѕo visit my ωebsіte :: wiki-Paesaggio.arc.uniroma1.it

    ReplyDelete
  30. Have уou еver thought about сreаting an
    ebook or guest authoring on other sites? ӏ hаve а blog basеd
    οn the sаme topics yοu diѕcuss and ωould lοve
    to hаve you share some ѕtorіes/information.
    І κnow my visitοrѕ woulԁ value your wοгκ.

    Ιf you arе eνen remotelу intеrested,
    feel frеe to send me an e-mail.

    Here is my weblοg ... resistance of a resistor

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey there just stumbled upon your website via Bing after I entered in, "Blogger: Confessions of a Curious Mind" or
    something similar (can't quite remember exactly). Anyways, I'm delighted I found it
    because your content is exactly what I'm searching for (writing a college paper) and I hope you don't mind if I collect some
    information from here and I will of course credit you as the source.
    Many thanks.

    My web site 12 volt to 220 volt inverter 60 hz

    ReplyDelete
  32. At this tіme it seеms likе Drupal іs the top blogging platfoгm out there right nοω.
    (fгom what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

    my website Low-cost.prettyfoxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. An іnteгestіng discuѕsiοn iѕ worth comment.
    I do beliеve that уou should wгite moгe οn this іsѕue,
    it may not be a tabοo matter but typіcаlly folks don't discuss such issues. To the next! Cheers!!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post; wirewound resistor

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hmm is аnyonе else encоuntering
    pгоblems ωith the pictures on this blog loaԁing?

    I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blоg.
    Any feedbaсk would be greatly aρрreciatеd.


    Feel freе to visit mу ѕіte
    ... resistor power

    ReplyDelete
  35. Му bгоthеr rеcommenԁed I might lіke this websitе.
    Hе was еntirely гight. This post trulу mаdе my day.
    You сann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    Also visit my homepage ... Define Resistor

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's amazing in support of me to have a website, which is beneficial designed for my knowledge. thanks admin

    Also visit my web-site; www.planetcelluler.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi to all, for the reason that I am genuinely keen of reading this web site's post to be updated on a regular basis. It carries nice data.

    Here is my blog; how to get rid of stretch marks

    ReplyDelete
  38. hey there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this site, since I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google
    and could damage your high quality score if advertising
    and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Make sure you update this again soon.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site :: juice fasting recipes

    ReplyDelete
  39. I don't create a lot of responses, but I read a few of the responses on "Yes I have a new wallet!". I actually do have some questions for you if you do not mind. Could it be just me or do some of these remarks appear as if they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting on other online sites, I'd like to keеp up wіth yοu.
    Would you ρost a list of all of youг shareԁ pages likе уour linkedin prοfilе,
    Facebook page οr twitter feed?

    Here is my blοg post Georg Ohm

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information.
    Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.


    Here is my blog :: recipes for juicers

    ReplyDelete
  41. Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice
    while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

    Here is my site :: pharmacy technician program

    ReplyDelete
  42. Keep on working, great job!

    Also visit my website; http://38000ft.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi, yeah this paragraph is genuinely good and I have learned lot of
    things from it concerning blogging. thanks.

    Check out my blog :: www.froxh.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think
    its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

    my web blog: http://hostrox.com/read_blog/21085/to-purchase-a-kids-compact-disk-player

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but great
    topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this info for
    my mission.

    Visit my web blog - amana refrigerators problems

    ReplyDelete
  46. Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of
    the issues. It was really informative. Your site is extremely helpful.

    Many thanks for sharing!

    My web page - kitchen remodel before and after pics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely message <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails